Compliance Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
You will be tracking, reviewing and communicating pending and passed regulations, agency guidelines or directives to impacted lines of business and assist in setting priorities for regulatory issues that must be addressed by the business.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and communicates regulatory changes that impact FIS services and business activities.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Offers guidance on implementing regulatory changes.
- Communicates detailed requirements to LOB, validate solution approach and monitor status.
- Provides compliance reviews and direction for new and expanding products and services.
- Responds to issues and matters pertaining to regulatory compliance of FIS products, services and business activities.
- Performs periodic reviews and evaluations of FIS services and business activities to validate compliance with applicable laws and regulations or detect regulatory violations, weak controls or other potential areas of exposure.
- Conducts compliance assessments and provides direction on any deficiencies detected by those assessments.
- Meets with business unit Compliance Officers on a regular basis for status updates on compliance issues.
- Monitors LOB compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
- Tracks and validates product compliance deficiencies to completion.
- Participates in development of compliance sessions/presentations.
- Participates in training promoting compliance awareness.
- Identifies areas of potential improvement.
- Provides updates for periodic reports.
- Interfaces with legal counsel and federal, state and local agencies, as needed to address regulatory or compliance issues, concerns or questions.
- Assists the business with responses to customer compliance-specific questions and concerns.
- Participates with and/or leads customer focus and advisory groups.
- Prepares and approves internal and customer communications covering compliance issues (bulletins, position statements, monthly reports, etc.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or law or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance, such as banking regulations, anti-money laundering, or anti-corruption
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving techniques and tools to compliance issues
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Works under general supervision with increased latitude for independent judgment. Works on multiple concurrent projects of medium complexity. This level is expected to lead product compliance support activities and ensure effectiveness of the Product Compliance Program for assigned products, services and business activities. Provides regulatory compliance advice to line of business employees and Compliance Officers. Is an active team member, contributes to complex projects to gain experience, shares ideas and suggests process improvements appropriate for level of experience. Consults with senior peers on complex processes to learn through experience. Typically requires three or more years of experience in the regulatory compliance field and must be knowledgeable in more than one area of regulatory compliance such as banking regulations, consumer reporting, tax, anti-money laundering or anti-corruption.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.