Business Systems Analyst Senior at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Seeking a technical business systems analyst senior for the Retirement as a Services (RaaS) Plan Accounting Control technology squad. This Kanban agile squad is responsible for developing new capabilities and supporting existing functionality for several back-office Retirement systems related to retirement investment trading, reconciliation (asset and cash), pricing and accruals.
What you will be doing:
As a business systems analyst senior, you will support collaborative end-to-end project implementations and act as the subject matter expert for our back-office retirement solutions for internal clients. You will do this by:
- Collaborating with product owners and business partners to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for back-office processes and applications related to Retirement as a Service product offering
- Performing technical analysis to translate needs/requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or service must do to fulfil the end-user/business requirement. These functional specifications will be in the form of technical user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Being an active member of Kanban agile team - Participating in all ceremonies; writing, estimating and executing User Stories; performing test execution and engaging with both the product owners and business partners for User Acceptance testing/business readiness/rollout.
- Other related duties assigned as needed
- Define system scope and objectives through research and understanding of applications and industry requirements.
- Develop large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research
- Work on projects / issues of high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and/or applications.
- Coach and mentor junior systems analysts.
- Identifying and documenting how applications interact to support business processes.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, finance, mathematics or the equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- 7 or more years of experience as a technical analyst
- 4 or more years of experience working in an agile environment on an agile team.
- Candidate should have strong problem solving/analytical skills, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and experience on kanban agile development teams (writing user stories, user acceptance criteria, testing and releases)
- Candidate should also have relational database (Oracle, DB2) and transact sql experience as this is needed for data analysis, software testing and root cause analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools - Excel, Word, Visio
- Detail oriented and thorough in completing tasks
- Ability to work independently and intuitive ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well in fast-paced team environment
- Desire to learn new applications
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of AWS technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in the Rally Agile software tool
- Experience with DBVisualizer
- Must be highly flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of retirement services industry
- Prior experience with trading, pricing or reconciliation systems
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.