Business System Analyst Sr. - FOS at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The FIS Output Solutions (FOS) team is responsible for print and electronic communications for thousands of FIS clients. The Business Analysts are the project accelerators within the FOS organization. From the initial sizing request through the project go-live our objective is to accelerate the completion/implementation of the development requests.
What you will be doing
- Formulates, gathers, and defines requirements through research, data mapping, and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer, archive, and print equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Drives communication - clearly documents requirements, provides easy access to documents, formalizes the communication of essential requirements, and request stakeholder approval on documentation.
- Practice reflective listening when complex concepts are being solutioned and set realistic delivery expectations with the project team.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests
- Ensures changes made by programmers are correct.
- Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
- Reports and reviews testing results.
- Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures
- Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination education, training and experience
- 5 -7+ years' experience as a business analyst
- Data mapping experience
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributor
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Added bonus if you have
- PMI-PBA®Professional in Business Analysis
- PMP®: Project Management Professional
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Disciplined Agile® Scrum Master (DASM)
- Disciplined Agile® Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC)
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of print, mail, graphic art, and electronic communications channels, highly preferred
- PMI Project Management Ready™ or CAPM®: Certified Associate in Project Management
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.