Business Intelligence Developer at Velocity Global (Remote)
Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing companies in the world and hands down one of the greatest places to work from anywhere. We accelerate the future of work beyond borders. Our offering enables businesses to employ remote teams and expand internationally through global expertise, best-in-breed technology, and scale. Hundreds of brands rely on our Employer of Record model and infrastructure in 185 countries and all 50 United States, to compliantly employ thousands of supported employees, access global talent, and grow revenue. Named a “Leader” in Global Employer of Record services by prominent analyst firm NelsonHall, Velocity Global is a strategic partner to our clients through additional comprehensive services including Immigration, Independent Contractor Compliance to assess a workforce, and Agent of Record (AoR) to streamline payments to contractors globally. Founded in 2014, our company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with regional headquarters in Amsterdam, Bogotá, and Singapore, with local employees in 16 countries.
Velocity Global is seeking a full-time Business Intelligence Developer to join our growing team. The team that this role is a part of is primarily based out of our Denver, Colorado headquarters. However, we are a remote-first company, and applicants from anywhere in the United States are encouraged to apply. You will help empower our company to make data-driven decisions by providing centralized, real-time access to data from across our organization. You will be responsible for harnessing our data to find relationships and insights between disparate data sets and presenting data-driven recommendations.
This is a fast-paced role, requiring flexibility working with a number of different business units while being exposed to a variety of technologies. This role will require you to have a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and someone who loves learning and will seek to learn new technologies.
- Assist in SQL data modeling in the data warehouse and modeling data for end users in Looker
- Ensure data quality between source systems and the data warehouse, assist in setting data integrity standards and monitoring data integrity
- Develop a working knowledge of existing data sources and ETLs and provide support when needed
- Drive action from insight by using data mining skills to present trends and findings to key business users
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports and analyses
- Learn our business and key metrics
- Assist in developing and driving business intelligence adoption and growth throughout the business
- Build processes and standards that inspire trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- 1 – 3 years of experience working in business intelligence or data analytics
- Proficient in SQL and Python
- Experience with data modeling, database management and analytical skills required
- Experience with a modern data stack, including tools like Snowflake, Looker, Airflow, and Dbt
- Comfortable working with the command line
- Experience with ETL/ELT platforms
- Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
The salary range is 60,000 - 70,000 USD with a performance-based discretionary bonus. The final salary will be commensurate with experience.
At Velocity Global, we foster a values-driven culture. From the interview process, to performance evaluations, we center our values in our day-to-day. We move with Velocity and we build relationships with Professionalism, through trust and respect. Our Integrity leads us to do the right thing at all times. We Empower each other to decision-making with accountability while always striving to be of Service, to our clients and to one another. We are a #PeopleFirst organization. Our global team consists of conscientious individuals, passionate about work and life, and we are committed to putting our employees first, in all that we do.
We have a passion for all things international business and thrive in a fast paced, high-growth environment. If you want to work for a professional, global, inclusive and innovative company, we'd love to meet you!
At Velocity Global, we value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]