Business Analyst I at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%
At FIS, our technology and our people are always moving forward. While we advance the way the world pays, banks and invests, our teams also grow their own careers. We believe in building inclusive teams where everyone's views count. Together, our collective diversity, skills and talents empower us to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to see how far we can grow together, we have one question: Are you FIS?
About the team:
Our North American Boarding and Maintenance team is mainly focused on the boarding of merchants to our Worldpay platforms in a timely and seamless manner. Our talented team of onshore and offshore subject matter experts have a passion for driving change and creating a better customer experience. We work meticulously across all sizes of merchants and our internal stakeholders to identify the needs of the client and align the internal resources to ensure that those needs are accommodated. This ensures that CX is at the forefront of all that we do and that our partners and their clients have a seamless transition into their relationship with Worldpay from FIS.
What you will be doing:
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/return on investment.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
- May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
- Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies, e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
What we offer you:
Beyond building the future of finance with FIS, you can also grow your own career through opportunities, training and benefits that include:
- Personal and professional development possibilities.
- Work that covers critical, timely issues in financial services and technology.
- An environment that encourages and enables giving back to our communities.
- An inclusive workspace built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
- A salary and benefits package that reflects your hard work.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.