2022 System Administrator (Linux/Python/Ansible) - New Grad at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoomies help the world connect - and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
We are looking for a System Administrator who can build and scale Zoom's Server infrastructure in an automated way. The candidate will be working with network engineers, datacenter operations team and other stakeholders in order to complete critical projects in the company. This role will be responsible for supporting large-scale Zoom applications.
What you will do:
- Develop automation to create and maintain systems in DC and cloud
- Manage access to systems like ipa, knowledge with okta asa will be prefer
- Design and develop tools for system management, monitoring, analysis, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and automation tools further help analyze real time issues.
- Familiar with system hardening and server security best practices
- Working with the Lead Engineer to understand application functionalities and verification requirements; working with Software Engineering to define a scalable real time testing and monitoring strategies
- Troubleshooting and monitoring efforts with production/non-production systems.
- BA/BS, graduate degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related STEM field (will have received degree by the time of hire)
- Knowledge of the UNIX or Linux operating system.
- Proficient with shell, bash scripting or python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS.
- OS hardening: cobbler,packer, kickstart
- Source Control: git
- Build: Jenkins, Pipeline
- Security: iptables, firewalld, SSH, TLS, IAM
- Network: tcpdump, ngrep, wireshark
- Systems: Linux: CentOS, Amazon linux
- Cloud skill: AWS, packer, terraform
- Monitoring: Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK
- Configuration: Ansible, Terraform
- AWS Services: S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Route53, VPC, cloudfront, etc.
- Common Services: nginx,keepalived, Kubernetes, Bind dns,LVS, ntp,
- Virtualization: KVM
***Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States***
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .