Buyer at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Buyer position is primarily responsible for supporting Procurement activities by procuring goods and services for the organization. This includes processing purchase orders, sourcing equipment, managing RFI/RFP processes including evaluating bids and making recommendations, scope of work drafting, data compilation and analysis, verifying approvals, and resolving issues. Position is heavy on data-entry so proficient typing skills are a must. Candidates should be highly detail oriented and must possess strong computer and software skills.
- Process purchase orders
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Work out policies with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Assist with invoicing issues between operations and accounting departments.
- Draft scopes of work for construction contractors and assist in post-signature contract management
- Support Contracts Analysts in Contract, Project Service Agreements, when needed
- Maintain Certificate of Insurance Support – System implementation
- Support monthly/quarterly/annual reporting requirements
- Review of internal processes for potential improvements
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the Zayo business
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a Procurement department with experience in RFI/RFP management and/or contracts management, but will train the right candidate.
- Telecommunications experience is a plus.
- Undergraduate business degree (especially Finance and/or Accounting) and/or equivalent work
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a significant plus
- Knowledge of Oracle platform is a significant plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP is also a plus
- Must have proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong and efficient typing skills. 60+WPM
- Strong fundamental Excel skills are required (simple formulas, sorting, filtering, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as work independently
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Base salary range: $21.19/hour-$23.20/hour
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time