About Us OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 21 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 40,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. OpenTable enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the Company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants: OpenTable hospitality solutions enable restaurants to manage their reservation books, streamline their operations and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Currently, the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Reporting to the Director of Restaurant Development, this position is responsible for bringing new restaurants onto our dining network through a consultative sales approach. As a New Business Development Rep, you will be one of the first points of contact that a restaurant has with OpenTable. He/she will be responsible for making outbound calls/emails, tracking and reporting daily activity, following up on leads, maintaining a customer relations database, identifying additional opportunities and other duties as required. The position will be expected to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.Primary Objective
You will be selling our core products to restaurateurs over phone/email to develop our network in multiple markets. You will be joining a team solely focused on identifying and closing new business. You understand and anticipate how decisions are made, and you will persistently explore and uncover the business needs of your key clients. The New Business Development Rep will act as a business leader, manage and own their book of business/territory, run web-based business meetings with restaurant owners and operators, and close deals based on varying needs.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify potential restaurant customers in multiple markets.
- Sell OpenTable platform products to replace and enhance current reservation taking process.
- Drive revenue by connecting with restaurateurs and building opportunities that will make all parties more successful.
- Present customized on-line demos of OpenTable products.
- Educate operators about trends in the industry and offer unique insight.
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territories and create reliable forecasts.
- Strategically overcome objections and competition.
- Generate business plans to define your selling strategies and tactics.
- Consistently over achieve monthly and quarterly acquisition and revenue targets.
- Leverage your skills and your customers' experience to continually evolve the sales process and our product for enabling it.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage your territory, stay organized, forecast sales activity, and process contracts.
- Maintain an expert level of understanding of all products and services that OpenTable offers.
Core Value Competencies
The four core value competencies apply to all positions.
Customer First – Fosters trust and confidence with customers; Understands and determines current and future needs; Exceeds expectations; Monitors satisfaction; Looks for opportunities to improve service; Follows through; Solicits and applies feedback; Promotes customer focus; Builds/maintains positive relations.
Collaboration and Teamwork - Demonstrates a commitment to team goals thru attitude, contribution & cooperation; willingness to participate in a team; Shares info; Exhibits objectivity & openness to others' views; Takes accountability for own actions; Puts success of team above own interest.
Creativity and Innovation - Develops innovative approaches & ideas to achieve goals, Solve problems, improve performance; Receptive to new ideas, methods, technologies; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; Meets challenges w/ resourcefulness; Questions conventional methods.
Continuous Improvement - Pursues training & development; Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills & abilities; Seeks & applies feedback to improve performance; Demonstrates urgency/persistence to accomplish goals; Continually seeks to improve processes/products/services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Consultative Meeting Approach: Builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, manages and documents sales process.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
Negotiation skills: Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, manages conflict, manipulation and strong emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years inside or outside sales experience or equivalent experience in a restaurant environment (Management Level)
- Proven track record of consultative selling and/or account management
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- College degree preferred
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution preferred
- PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Competitive, tenacious and results driven.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines.
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business.
- Exceptional ability to drive business value during client interactions.
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities.
- Ability to leverage industry knowledge to discuss restaurant issues with client from multiple dimensions.
- Excellent knowledge of company's products, software pricing practices and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and training skills.
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results.
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining business/customer relationships.
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform and persuade others to make business decisions.
- Ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results.
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities.
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently.
- Proven success working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Demonstrate leadership by example and assist with development of others on the team through support with training/onboarding.
OpenTable is excited to offer many benefits to its employees. Those listed below highlight what a high-performing New Business Development Rep can expect!
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- Business relationships with chefs and restaurateurs across the country.
- Comprehensive training at an individual, regional, and corporate level.
- Insight into best practices throughout the restaurant industry.
- Exposure to talented, seasoned business leaders.
- Invitation to OpenTable's annual sales conference.
- Engage in a company culture that encourages work hard/play hard philosophy. Become part of an interesting and charismatic group of sales and account management professionals who love what they do.
- Full-time, comprehensive benefits along with an annual base salary commensurate with experience.