Web Engineer II
Web Engineer II
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 120 company with global headquarters in Denver - helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2017 sales of $26.6 billion. As a member of the SiliconExpert product team, our newest Full Stack Developer team member will be passionate about developing solutions to achieve business needs and will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including technical design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of cutting-edge applications. This position will sit in the Cambridge Innovation Center and will be part of an exciting new growth development and partnership for Arrow Electronics and our SiliconExpert product group.
- Minimum 3-5+ years web development and a strong understanding of MVC frameworks, such as Angular (version 2+), Node.js, and/or React.
- Experience working with responsive design, Bootstrap, Typescript, and modern frontend or UI functional programming.
- Knowledge of all stages of software development, especially in planning and executing large scale projects.
- Able to work across the stack in a team, contributing ideas and leaning in to assist where needed.
- A solid understanding of modern UI/UX design patterns and practices. (Nice to Have)
- Have experience working with source code management tools in a shared code environment.
- A probing and inquiring mind with understanding of the Creative and Development lifecycle are essential.
- Has experience working with remote team members and clients.
- Hand code clean standards compliant HTML and CSS.
- Experience developing across multiple browsers while maintaining a consistent experience, especially IE11.
- You understand how browser-based interfaces interact with back-end services and RESTful web services.
- You embrace change as a familiar friend and love to iterate your process and methodology to improve.
- You strive to write beautiful code all of the time and quality is extremely important to you.
- Author front-end web solutions to deliver fast and highly functioning experiences.
- Deliver the user interface that solves ideas and requirements conveyed by the Product Management and Design teams. Most solutions will include building a user interface that connects to the backend and RESTful web services.
- You will participate in planning discussions while reviewing wireframes, designs and manuscripts.
- You’ll help to develop great looking and highly functioning B2B web applications and interactive widgets.
- You will ensure we always move forward by fixing bugs, improving usability and performance.
- You will not just passively receive requirements, you will be a leader in building the company’s strategy.
- Work cross-functionally as needed, to meet goals and project deadlines.
- Designs and develops web and software solutions to meet business requirements. Manages full software development life cycle including testing, implementation, and auditing. Performs solution design, bug verification, and beta support, which may require research and analysis.
- Execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and participate in software upgrades, revisions, fixes and patches as mandated by the vendor.
- Design, develop and document specifications throughout the project life cycle.
- Guide developers on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems; review work of development teams.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
- Works independently
Experience / Education
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Interactive Media, Interactive Design, Visual Studies, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing