Telecommunication/ Unified Communications Manager
Telecommunication/ Unified Communications Manager
The Manager of Unified Communications has responsibility for all of the technologies, vendor relationships and deployments of technologies enabling enterprise wide voice, video and collaboration services for Arrow Electronics. The objective of this group is improving employee productivity and allowing geographically separated teams to work efficiently together through electronic collaboration by implementing and managing leading edge systems, process and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing leadership to the geographically disbursed technical and vendor teams responsible for vision, strategy, and deployment of modern voice and video services for a global company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing to functional goals in the areas of services, system health, performance metrics and project management.
- Managing staff includes hiring, performance management, salary administration, career development, motivation, teambuilding.
- Systems analysis and design to support projects and requests - data analysis, business process analysis, hardware and software analysis. Data model design, program specifications, project request estimates.
- Fulfill the role of a business relationship manager to assist in the direction, analysis, definition, prioritization of the business requirements. Provide a single point of contact for Arrow internal customers.
- Budget and Planning. Create and administer department and project budgets.
- The Unified Communication Manager will drive strategy and adoption of collaboration standard technologies within Arrow, including: technical readiness, architectural design, networking requirements, service management and global adoption.
- Implement continuous performance measurement within the unified communications services to identify, prioritize, initiate and manage initiatives
- Adhere to all ITIL processes
- Responsible for partnering with global stakeholders on a unified voice strategy and standards.
- Audio/Video conferencing solutions. Includes meeting room based Video conferencing and the scheduling of this service.
- Leverage understanding of market conditions and new technology advancements to support current and future business direction.
- Manage capital and operating budget and forecasts.
- Manage voice and video integration for newly acquired companies.
- Provide coaching, guidance, training, leadership (teachable point of view), opportunity for employee career growth. Facilitate and encourage ideas and participation
- Partner with the business and other areas of IT in order to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Minimum of (8+) years of job-related experience driving complex engineering projects and supporting enterprise class voice, video and unified communication services.
- Proven ability to provide direction, motivate and develop a team. Technical background in applicable area. Relationships management, verbal and written communication skills. Problem solving skills. Analytical in nature. Ability to communication with and use all levels of employees as resources.
- Comprehensive and in-depth understanding of voice, video and unified communication concepts and procedures. Possesses broad knowledge of concepts in order to resolve issues impacting other areas.
- Evaluates (sometimes complex) situations using multiple sources of information. Information may be factual and qualitative from a diverse range of internal and external sources. Solves problems that are complicated, or novel requiring the ability to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate complex dynamic material.
- Possess developed communication and diplomacy skills used to guide, persuade and influence others internally or externally.
- Experience with Unified Communications (UC) solutions, preferably Skype for Business & Teams.
- High level understanding of TDM / H323 Voice Solutions
- Understandings of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with Voice Over IP deployments and related technologies.
- Proven experience with PSTN infrastructure components like Voice over IP (VoIP) gateways, Session Boarder Controllers (SBC)
- Basic understanding of network technology in support of Voice Over IP call routing and management including Quality of Service (QoS) and Codecs.
- Detailed understanding of the administration, maintenance and support for all Skype for Business workloads including number porting and moves/adds/changes.
- Understanding of IT project planning and deployment with a working knowledge of how to drive customer projects to success.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and planning skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple requests in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in using Excel, Power Point, Visio, Microsoft Project and Smartsheets.
- Light to medium travel required at times.
- Willingness to respond quickly when issues arise and working on projects as part of a global team.
- Implementation experience with SIP Direct Routing for Skype/Teams.
- Logitech Group and/or Rally system experience.
- Experience with Avaya PBX and Octel voice messaging solutions and/or experience supporting other vendor’s platforms
- Proficient in the administration, maintenance and support for Crestron integrated systems.
- Avaya call center administration and routing skills.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing