Technical Support Manager
Technical Support Manager
Summary of Position
The Technical Support Manager will manage a team of technicians that are responsible for tier 2 and 3 technical phone support and repair of servers, laptops, desktops etc.… for our customers while they are using our products and services. This includes purpose built and traditional equipment. The person in this position will manager and work with engineers, technicians, production personnel, customers and others regularly – including leading, explaining and demonstrating product features to other workers. Work with various teams/departments/customers in the support and analysis of our high end and customized OEM computer products.
- Manages and directs the Tech Services group by providing resources, training, and support needed for staff to service internal and external customers.
- Manage and develop line staff, including providing direction, hiring, coaching and corrective action. Determine staff utilization, certification requirements.
- Strategic planning for technical roles, as well as with existing and prospective customers/suppliers.
- Process improvement/design and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for ongoing professional development
- Develop a continuous improvement mindset for technical services area
- Visit customer sites as needed to support/resolve issues
- Build and improve relationships with product vendors
- Participate in customer and employee training
- Perform hardware failure analysis and testing on hardware components, identify issues and follow up on corrective actions
- Represent Arrow in a professional manner; striving for total customer satisfaction
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software (desktops, notebooks and severs, etc…)
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
- Accountable for the results of a large and/or moderately complex support or production operations team including subordinate work leaders
- Applies acquired expertise to analyze and solve problems without clear precedent
- Provides input on resource planning and policy development
- Coaches team members on performance, completes employee performance evaluations and recommends pay actions
- Ability to present and explain Company and technical information to potential or existing customers, as well as employees, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive and lasting relationships with management, employees, and customers
- Possession of a continuous improvement mindset
- LEAN thinking skills
·Ability to embrace change and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals, and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with a meticulous and thorough approach to work
- Ability to identify and anticipate problems or errors and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and accurately
- Strong technical skills and aptitude: strives to continuously build technical knowledge and skills and help others do the same
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- College Degree Preferred in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the Technical Support field with 1 year with supervisory resposibilities
- Knowledge of Digital Signage and Digital Security a plus
- Lean training or “LEAN Thinking” Experience a plus
- Certifications essential to Arrows mission (such as A+, MCP, MCSE, etc.)
- Knowledge of Desktop, Mobile and Server-class INTEL/AMD processors, Desktop, Mobile and Server Class Motherboards, BIOS, firmware, PCI Express and PCI-X cards integration and testing.
Linux/Windows scripting, (Solaris, SMBIOS, DMI, ACPI, SLI I information experience a plus)
- Ability to sit at a desk, computer station and/or table for extended periods
- Ability to travel independently to attend various meetings, trade-shows, conferences, etc.
- Ability to stand on feet for periods of time using walking, bending, stooping, squatting, turning, and lifting motions
- Ability to converse verbally and in writing with others
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to utilize multi-line phone system, computer monitor and keyboard (data entry)
Occasional travel required (approximately 5-10 days annually)
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing