Technical Solutions Engineer
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world's leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect-improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Technical Solutions Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Build a deep working knowledge of our software capabilities and the business processes they support
- Review and categorize incoming customer issues and requests for a variety of clean energy software products
- Facilitate regular customer responses and updates
- Work to resolve issues or help escalate them through the organization
- Collaborate with senior Technical Solutions team members to gain an in-depth knowledge of our products and processes
What you will contribute:
- Client Management
- Act as first point of contact for clients and provide regular, succinct updates as issues progress through to resolution
- Adapt to changing client needs and be able to pivot quickly on new requests while maintaining a positive and solution-oriented approach
- Identify trends that impact multiple customers, summarize those trends with data, and drive visibility for a robust solution
- Documentation and Process Improvement
- Create and maintain thorough documentation for issues including the investigation methodology, the resolution summary, and any open issues
- Provide good traceability of time spent and internal/external communications
- Leverage internal tracking systems and processes to maintain operational tracking
- Contribute to standard operating procedures for the Technical Solutions Team
- Quality Assurance
- Ensure complete ownership of issues, including developing a full understanding of the issues, a clear definition of success and maintain ownership until the client is satisfied
- Ability to step back from initial problem statements and anticipate/see the larger issues and develop an action plan to ensure the systematic issue is identified and addressed
- Project Management
- Actively communicate with other teams to promote client needs and defect fixes
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor under pressure
What you bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission
- 1-3 years in customer service or enterprise software support
- Patient, communicative, team player who is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working with external clients to define and implement complex solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short- and long-term projects of varying scopes with clients across the country
- Vigorous written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable in delivering complex, constructive, and diplomatic messages
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone
- Experience maintaining a positive relationship with clients and colleagues
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential
- Experience working with SaaS and/or Jira Software
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Uplight we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on providing cross-functional work, collaboration, and development.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and....we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.