Systems Engineer Principal / Systems Staff Consultant - V&V Lead
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Systems Engineer Principal / Systems Staff Consultant - V&V Lead
We're seeking a flexible and action-oriented systems engineer to support efforts across the entire program lifecycle including concept development, design, requirement development, implementation, integration, launch, commissioning, operations, and maintenance. This position is for an experienced systems engineer who can support the requirement baseline, CONOPS, and V&V for missions that include Space Vehicle(s), Ground Systems, Payloads, and Spacecraft Buses.
What You'll Do:
- Lead program level V&V team through successful planning and execution of validation and verification.
- Provide experienced systems engineering support to technical teams in the development, documentation, build, test, and verification of subsystems, payloads, vehicles, and ground systems for air and space missions.
- Leverage systems engineering tools, processes, and best practices to validate and verify the system.
- Mentor other system engineers assigned to the team.
- Support the program Risk & Opportunity Management and ERB processes.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Engineer Principal - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Staff Consultant - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Related experience in either mission operations, mission systems, spacecraft systems, aircraft systems or ground systems or payloads preferred.
- Experience using requirements database tools (DOORS, Jama, Cameo Requirements Modeler, e.g.).
- Experience with Cameo Enterprise Architecture, SysML and DoDAF/UAF/UPDM preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to review effective and verifiable requirements - detail oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, interface management, change management, verification and validation. Ability to self-start and own this activity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, including meeting schedule and performance goals.
- Customer Relationships: knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Good presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR ENGINEER PRINCIPAL: $154,000 - $194,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR STAFF CONSULTANT: $173,000 - $218,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: Aerospace R3
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Job Referral Fee: $3,000.00
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.