Supplier Quality Engineer
● Maintain and improve global supplier quality system through database management and analysis of quality data to various quality certifications and standards. Monitor and audit processes and make improvements in quality where necessary to assure standards are being met. Works with other departments to identify and resolve quality issues. Facilitates Corrective Action when quality issues arise and monitors verification of effectiveness activities for corrective actions performed.
● Performs global supplier quality activities within Arrow’s supplier service functions. Maintain and continually improve the quality system, using data to define opportunities for improvement. Support and maintain ISO 9001, AS 9100, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001 certifications.
● Manage control of the supplier quality documentation process, the internal quality audit and inspections systems.
● Work with other departments to maintain statistical process control of Arrow’s supplier services, supplier performance monitoring and corrective action processes.
● Provide customer/supplier support to include potential on-site audit of supplier operations to ensure compliance to Arrow and/or customer requirements.
● Facilitate the Field Quality Report (FQR), the customer complaints system, and Receiving Discrepancy Reports (RDR), warehouse reporting system for discrepant purchase orders, which indicate supplier responsible for the undesired part/product/process.
● Along with other department heads, drive compliance to Perfect Order metrics, monitoring global supplier performance. Interface externally with suppliers regarding trended quality issues and facilitate prompt resolution.
● Mentor applicable workers on Quality- related areas, such as 8D Problem Solving, Lean, Statistical Process Control, effective Change Management practices, etc.
● 10% travel, both domestic & international
Experience / Education
● 4 year degree and 2–4 years of related experience preferred
● Advanced degree without experience
● Experience engaging with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues.
● Or 5-6 years relative work experience in one or a combination of the below fields:
* Quality Management; to include working knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or AS 9100
* Supplier/Vendor Management
* Risk Management