Supplier Manager at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
● As a Supplier Program Manager you will build influential relationships with key decision makers at assigned suppliers in order to grow sales and market share in respective technologies through various programs and marketing communications activities. You will act as liaison between field selling groups and Corporate to resolve questions/ issues regarding products and/or suppliers, including supply chain management, website development, promotional materials. I this position you will be expected to be the product expert within these technologies and to provide guidance to the field on large opportunities.
● Develop influential supplier relationships with key decision makers resulting in Arrow being able to gain competitive advantage on sales opportunities and be a supplier advocate within Arrow.
Work as a resource for the sales team to enable navigation throughout SSG, to assist in selling suppliers/technologies to customers and to position Arrow appropriately with suppliers at both the corporate and local levels.
● Identify specific market segments and customers to market specific suppliers and technologies to the Arrow sales team with the goal being to grow NSB and customer base.
● Work with team to develop strategies to grow sales/market share with suppliers and/or technologies and conduct stakeholder management with key constituents in other departments to enable implementation of strategies.
● Implement ease of doing business initiatives with suppliers including, but not limited to EDI/rosetta net transactions, shared backlog files, bar coding, sales tools, etc. Coordinate and own supplier reviews including resources needed, GRPI model, presentation, and analysis.
● Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
● Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
● Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
● Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
● Accountable for results of a small team
● Exercises limited management authority; sets employee performance objectives, conducts performance reviews and recommends pay actions
● Defines team operating standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5 - 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.