Sr. Compliance Paralegal at Pax8 (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Pax8 is the leading cloud-based technology marketplace, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Sr. Compliance Paralegal is a key member of our dynamic and innovative Legal department. They are responsible for developing, reviewing, and updating compliance policies and procedures and for supporting the development and delivery of ethics and compliance communications and training. The Sr. Paralegal also leads the project management of cross-functional and global initiatives including the implementation and maintenance of a document management system and the quarterly ethics and compliance management reporting.
- Conduct legal research into legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Draft, review, and update compliance policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and company values
- Support the development of training and communications materials on compliance topics
- Conduct compliance monitoring and auditing activities to assess the effectiveness of compliance controls
- Track and report on compliance metrics and key performance indicators
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of compliance issues and incidents
- Research and analyze emerging compliance trends, best practices, and regulatory developments
- Manage compliance projects and initiatives from inception to completion, ensuring timely delivery and achievement of projective objectives
- Apply project management best practices and tools to plan, execute, monitor, and control compliance projects
- Assist with due diligence on third parties
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least ten (10) years of experience as a paralegal or compliance professional in a multinational technology company or a law firm
- Knowledge of various legal risk areas, such as anti-corruption, data privacy, trade compliance, and intellectual property
- Experience in drafting policies and procedures, developing and delivering training programs, conducting monitoring and auditing activities, reporting on compliance metrics
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication, writing, research, analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Academic and/or Professional Certification in Ethics and Compliance preferred (e.g., Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional – International)
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $125,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.