Software Engineer - Agent
Software Engineer - Agent
The Agent Shared Components team at Datadog writes and maintains most of the core shared functionality of the Datadog Agent which schedules integrations, collects logs, and processes hundreds of thousands of data points per second from monitored applications. The team is also responsible for the internal libraries and frameworks that allow other Datadog Agent teams to build their features with a simple and consistent user experience (configuration, logging, CLI, etc), connect their Datadog Agent components to Datadog's intakes, and easily communicate with other built-in components. The Datadog Agent runs on Linux, Windows, Mac OS, and on AMD/Intel and ARM architectures. The Datadog Agent is deployed on millions of customer hosts in containerized environments, on virtual machines, and in dedicated datacenters.
We operate at high scale-trillions of data points per day-providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, application tracing, and security insights for tens of thousands of companies.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the Datadog Agent, running on customers infrastructures and in a large number of platforms / environments
- Work with other engineers and leads on other product teams to improve developer and user workflows
- Solve a scaling engineering bottleneck in a critical service
- Create reusable code components for wider Datadog Agent engineering teams
- Take part in investigating and fixing issues with the internal production deployment of the Datadog Agent
- With your team, plan the most important projects to work on next
Who You Are:
- You have been building applications for 5+ years and know the systems you've worked on from top to bottom
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have significant experience in one or more programming languages such as Go, Python, Java, Rust, or C/C++
- You have experience building and shipping packaged or downloadable software
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You can design architectures to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you're passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $130,000 - $300,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers' entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram , LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog's Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice .