Senior Storage Engineer
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to become a Sr. Storage Engineer for Media and Infrastructure Technology Projects team. This position will support Enterprise Technology, Broadcast and Production systems across the NBCU portfolio globally.
The Sr. Storage Engineer will partner with NBCU Local Technology groups on technology strategy, large scale projects, collaboration with cross-functional business leaders and partners, as a member of a dynamic team providing "best in class" architecture for our NBCU businesses.
- Team Responsibilities
- Be part of a strong engineering/architecture team, with a mix of support, strategy, and innovation
- Develop partnerships across engineering and operations teams with cross-facility support and engagement
- Support the management and execution of project with your team and clients
- Champion an automation mindset with both on-premises and public cloud-based solutions
- Provide regular updates to management and clients regarding projects, support, and technology roadmaps
- Technical Requirements and Strategy
- Work as part of a team of Storage Engineers supporting NAS, SAN, Object, and Tape storage technologies
- Collaborate with Operations and business owners, TechOps departments, NBCU Local leadership and operational clients to develop both short and long-range technology solutions
- Develop conceptual designs and solutions as assigned
- Partner with Business Engagement team to capture technical requirements, provide solutions
- Expertise in Storage, Data Protection
- Working knowledge of data center, wiring, and facilities
- Working knowledge of networking protocols, structure, and design
- Develop a product mindset with technology with a constant need to improve and refine services
- Familiar with agile methodologies, sprint management
- Familiar with DevOps/Automation tools and concepts
- Familiar with public cloud architecture, service offerings, and support
- Identify and plan for operational risks relative to production requirements over short to medium term
- Client management
- Work closely with Business Engagement, operations teams, clients,
- Track timelines and set client expectations on projects assigned
- Monitoring and Security
- Collaborate closely with the NBCU cyber security team to build repeatable systems with best practices
- Heavy focus on standard security logging and reporting of all systems
- Collaboration and Technical Communication
- Strong customer service skills and unfailing professionalism
- Partner closely and collaborate enthusiastically with both clients at the local facilities and peers across Enterprise Technology and Media Technology groups
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Technology Expertise and Ownership
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise with a broad range of technologies
- Grow with the industry, adapting to new technologies as they develop
- Demonstrate a dedication to building and maintaining a stable, high-performance technical environment
- Embrace your role as the ultimate responsible party and senior subject matter expert for technology.
- B.S. degree in an Information Technology related technical discipline or 8+ equivalent practical experience required
- Must be willing to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays with little or/no notice
- Certification in AWS or Azure cloud fundamentals
- Experience with Hitachi, Isilon, NetApp and Pure Storage Systems
- Experience with On-Prem Object Storage Systems
- Experience with Brocade and Cisco SAN Switches.
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $105,000 - $130,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.