Senior Employee Relations Manager
Senior Employee Relations Manager
This position provides timely employment relations expertise to support the organization by delivering proactive and creative solutions driving business goals, ensuring compliance and managing risk in a fast-paced, performance-driven, customer-focused, collaborative environment. In this key position, you’ll partner with our Legal and Human Resources teams to make disciplinary recommendations and provide guidance regarding employee-related issues. Additionally, you will work closely management to drive employee relations while maintaining a neutral position and consistent approach to the Company’s policies and procedures, minimize risk and align work to meet business needs.
- Work with HR Business Partners to identify requirements for an ER support model including the tracking, investigation and resolution of employee-related issues in a timely fashion.
- Implement standardized processes for handling ER issues while helping get to root cause and remediation.
- Work closely with HR Regional Managers to investigate, document and resolve employee disciplinary issues including employee relations complaints/investigations, performance improvement plan (PIP) implementation and involuntary terminations.
- Work with HR to resolve any ADA requests for accommodations.
- Assist in the preparation and responses to third-party EEOC, and other governmental charges and requests as well as threatened litigation.
- Provide guidance regarding compliance with employment laws, wage/hour laws, sexual harassment and discrimination prevention, etc.
- Deliver high quality decisions and counsel consistently to human resources. Identify and analyze employee relations matters and recommend appropriate employment action to maintain continuity of approach, achieve optimal performance, and minimize risk.
- Coordinate with HR regarding employee-related aspects of involuntary terminations such as termination for cause, job eliminations, and separations. This includes employee documentation preparation, notifications, tracking of termination documentation and related reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus
- At least ten years direct experience focused in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
- Non-practicing Juris Doctorate preferred.
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment & labor laws
- Exceptional communication, active listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive and influence decisions and outcomes.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with diverse personalities and functions at all levels in an organization and in a virtual environment.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of federal and state employee and labor laws, regulations, and practices for United States and Canada. Ability to document clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly identify issues and create positive solutions to minimize conflict, promote positive employee engagement through creativity and passion for the employee experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft® Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel as needed
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing