Senior Backend Systems Engineer
Our mission is to revolutionize the way engineering teams collaborate, creating a digital collaboration platform that excels beyond the traditional boundaries of remote work (more in our launch post on Hacker News ). CoScreen, an Electron-based desktop application, has been uniquely designed to offer this unparalleled collaboration experience. As our newest remote team member, you'll work hand in hand with Product Managers, Designers, and QA to design and implement innovative product features and solve complex problems. This is a pioneering project that awaits your expertise!
Here's what matters to us:
- Developing a product that enhances the productivity of agile teams, helping them achieve their goals in a natural and seamless manner.
- Building a high-performing team of talented individuals who trust each other, appreciate the uniqueness of their abilities, and are invigorated by challenging tasks that benefit our users.
- Striking a healthy work-life balance that enables us to deliver our best professional work, while maintaining strong relationships with our families and friends.
- We've outlined the skills we are looking for. However, your ability to learn quickly and your self-driven attitude are highly valued, as these traits can offset any gaps in technical skills. Although proficiency with our platform's technologies will strengthen your application, we don't expect you to be an expert in all of them.
- Proficient in native systems programming and experienced in developing applications using Rust, with a solid C++ background a strong plus.
- NodeJS module programming and familiarity with NAPI and especially frameworks like NEON is a strong plus.
- Experience in backend development, particularly with Firebase.
- A proven track record of tackling challenging problems with determination.
- Excellent communication skills and a self-driven attitude towards continuous learning.
- Familiarity with Golang and/or TypeScript.
Not mandatory but a plus:
- Experience with Jitsi or Mediasoup.
- Extensive knowledge in real-time video and audio processing pipelines, along with WebRTC.
- Familiarity with diverse presence and audio/video signaling technologies, such as SIP, H.323, or XMPP.
Individual responsibilities will include:
- Architecting and building new features, writing tests, participating in code reviews, and working closely with QA to drive features through to production.
- Investigating new technologies, building prototypes, testing, and demonstrating potential improvements.
- Making informed architectural decisions to ensure the system's scalability and high availability.
- Continually striving to improve the user experience.
- Generous holiday schedule and flexible PTO
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision match
- Remote working flexibility (across time zones in the Americas & Europe)
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers' entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram , LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog's Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice .