Vice President of Strategic Partner Management at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Vice President of Strategic Partner Management to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to lead a team and build relationships with our most important strategic partners that host Ibotta’s offer content on a white-label basis. This will include large national retailers, content publishers (e.g., large recipe sites), and social networks. These partnerships will account for hundreds of millions of dollars in annual gross profit, and represent the future of Ibotta and the Ibotta Performance Network. One example of these partnerships can be found here.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Build and lead a team of Strategic Partner Managers and Senior Strategic Partner Managers, inclusive of hiring, training, coaching and development
- Ensure that the team is successfully performing in their role including, but not limited to, launching new partners, driving efforts to increase offer redemptions on partner properties, measuring performance, monitoring potential issues, and working with our cross-functional teams to implement solutions
- Impact growth of gross profit target by growing the programs of key partners, including through increased prominence of the digital offer programs we power on partner properties, increased marketing of those programs, increased amount and quality of offer content available from our CPG sales team, etc.
- Set and achieve ambitious goals by focusing on process improvements that will help the team work more efficiently
- Assist the team in maintaining and improving alignment across cross-functional teams (product, engineering, architecture, marketing, accounting, sales, operations, etc) for a unified strategy that supports network performance
- Work in conjunction with our analytics and BI team to develop tools for client reporting and train your team on their use
- Take ownership of projects, including policies, procedures, and process improvements that enhance the team’s goals
- Develop partner strategies/account plans with partner insights, long term partnership vision, priority opportunities and risks, KPI targets and relationship development plans
- Manage delivery of core partner KPIs including revenue, profitability, partner success and delivery of key strategic initiatives.
- Identify new opportunities, sell in and negotiate with the partner, and work across internal stakeholders, including Product and Engineering, to develop solutions that solve partner needs and grow the business.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience managing strategic B2B partners/clients, executive relationships and business development
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience managing managers preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Technical Skills: G Suite, PowerPoint, Intermediate Excel / Financial Modeling, and the ability to partner with leadership to set quotas
- Proven ability to manage strategic relationships at a high-level (including C-level) and to navigate customer organizations to work collaboratively with the business owners/decision makers
- Track record of successfully building a strong team, strategic partner implementation and onboarding, and strategic partner relationship management and growth
- Demonstrated ability to “land and expand” or increase the value of a partnership over time
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization, ability to coach varying skill levels
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur, utilizing creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: ability to measure the results of your team’s work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Candidates do a mock case study as part of the hiring process)
- Project management experience, excel at juggling multiple projects and stakeholders at once
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO, or with the possibility of full-time remote, and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $130,000 - $160,000. This range is not all inclusive, as total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to the base salary that will increase total earnings. Talk to your recruiter to learn more. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.