Technical Account Manager at FIS
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Part of Worldpay's success and rapid growth is a result of our teams functioning like well-oiled machines that strive for continual improvement. Once we gain a new customer, our teams have to work together seamlessly in order to deliver stellar service that gets our clients up and running as quickly as possible.
The Technical Account Management (TAM) acts as the primary technical contact for our ISV (Independent Software Vendors) and POS (Point of Sale) partners and helps enable our National Merchant product commercialization strategy. As a strategic component of our channel development program, team members will manage a portfolio of strategic partnerships and national accounts and campaign to increase the adoption of our payment technologies to meet business objectives. At its core, the TAM aims to find solutions to enhance the partner and merchant experience, be the technical voice of the partner to internal teams and delight internal and external customers every step of the way.
The TAM team delivers advanced technical solutioning for ISV and POS partners and National Merchants. The TAM helps advance customer needs to management and helps commercialize products to the portfolio. Verbal and written communication skills will be critical. The best candidate will have an excellent ability to communicate complex technical issues in digestible formats for technology teams all the way to non-technical staff at the C-Suite. TAMs should express passion for technology and learning, especially related to the payments / eComm / retail technology.
Why You Should Take This Role:
The Technical Account Management team will be at the tip of the technology spear. The team will be innovating on how we engage with our partners to enable the most cutting-edge payment technology. You will be a problem-solver; a solution to how we help our partners engage with their users. You will have growth opportunities and will have access to Senior Executives at Worldpay. You can be remote and will still have interesting travel opportunities. Finally, you will be seen as a Technology Leader in this organization -- you will be sought after.
World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Serve as the key technical contact with our partners and customers to ensure continuity of their technical relationship with Worldpay
- Creates detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products, applications and solutions.
- May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- May provide consultation and/or product capability assessment and validation to prospective users.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Has expert level knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products.
- Responsible for selling the company's products or services and/or expanding existing accounts.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Define and deliver a healthy and sustainable integration and product roadmap strategy with our Partners and National Merchants
- Influence overall product decisions using customer feedback and support data metrics
- Act as a technical liaison for Product, Marketing and Sales
- Provide technical guidance, leadership, mentorship, and support to a large team of managers and individual contributors
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering to translate and advocate the needs of your portfolio into meaningful product insights and advancements
- Ability to call on existing partners with at times limited previous interactions
- Define metrics that measure the value of your Integration and product enablement strategies
- 5 years experience developer support or showcase software development or engineering skillsets
- Stellar written and verbal communication
- Experience and knowledge of payments, software, retail or technical support industries
- Experience analyzing and gathering data metrics from various systems such as CRMs, community conversations, and data warehouse in order to drive data-driven decisions
- Have demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness
- Computer Science, Information Systems , Information Technology or related degree
- 10 years experience in developer support or product management
- Strong researching, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to technology and/or application changes and business delivery priorities
- Willingness to travel minimum of 25% of the year
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and escalation managers when additional support is needed
- Manage critical issues by setting customer expectations, devise and implement action plans and professionally communicate to all parties involved
- Exposure with cloud technologies and testing methodologies
- Analytics skills required to support core objectives of the role: PowerBI, Tableau, Salesforce.com reporting tools
- Excellent use of MS Office technologies: Excel, Power Point, Word, Office 365, etc.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.