SonderMind is looking to hire a Strategic Account Manager for our growing Payor Operations team. In this role, you will build strong relationships across payor accounts throughout the whole United States. You will be focused on building partnerships that will allow SonderMind to maximize our value to them through selling value-added programs with the goal of becoming the provider of choice.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you truly enjoy and excel in building strong relationships both internally and externally. You are energized by the idea of becoming the provider of choice for payors. You are able to gain our payors trust and confidence. You have proven experience selling to payors in healthcare and understand stakeholder motivations, how the system works, and how the pieces fit together.
- Build a strong and deep list of relationships up and down select national, regional and local payors organizations. Ensure that delegated contracts are signed. Ensure that rate increases are signed. Ensure that new payor agreements (including partnership/programs) are signed.
- Develop account plans and successfully execute against them.
- Strategically and routinely deploy the Director of Payor Operations and Executive Team to build executive relationships at Payors
- Work hand-in-hand with Programs/Partnerships and Clinical teams to ensure best and clearest SonderMind value proposition is being brought to the payors
- Deploy the Programs/Partnerships and Clinical teams in payor relationships
- At least 3 years of account management experience in healthcare
- Healthcare experience. Needs to “get healthcare” (i.e., understand stakeholder incentives, how money flows, what is done/not done)
- A relationship builder at heart. Must love building relationships with external partners
- Extremely high EQ
- Ability to flex substantially between managing heavy relationship building (e.g., account management) and operations (e.g., credentialing) activities
- Data-driven decision-making
Nice to Have
- Contracting experience
- Direct account management experience
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary for this position is $95,000. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.