Sales Operations Lead
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for Agent, Customer and Sales Channel enablement to meet the annual bundle sales and sub goals of Sling InDirect Sales and Direct Sales via call centers and targeted channels focused on Locals solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee the change-management needs of all Sales Channels and Partners to ensure the efficient and effective roll-out of new bundles, changes in goals/metrics and overall Sling business and offer changes.
- Develops and implements a consultative sales training material in coordination with appropriate Training organizations and works to coordinate an ongoing Up-Training roadmap and New Agent/Partner on-boarding curriculum with other internal departments and external Partner audiences.
- Provides support for current and existing Partnerships and Sales Channels with the aim of expanding the understanding of Sling and Bundled Locals Solutions benefits.
- Meets regularly with all audiences to determine effectiveness of educational materials and tools to support the current goals & opportunities, and works with them to leverage training to meet goals.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE include the following:
- Functional Expertise: Proficient in consultative Sales methodology and the creation of customized solutions for varied audiences and sales methods. Highly skilled in both Sales and Retention tactics using a consultative approach to customer interactions. Able to identify areas of opportunity in these interactions and develop strategies to maximize efficiencies and achieve expected goals through training and tool enhancements.
- Team Player: Proactively identify issues and provide recommendations for resolutions; Is easy to work with, supportive of other teammates; and seeks out cross-functional relationships to drive performance and achieve goals. Assists in analysis of current performance to make recommendations promoting more effective operations within the business through education.
- Strong Growth & Profitability Focus: Provides consistent and ongoing review of use of Sales effectiveness for the maximization of efficiencies and profitability. Manages relations between stake-holders and key participants to effectively support Sales success needs of the team; Quickly and effectively respond to requests from internal and external users; Meets deadlines while maintaining high-quality standards.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Preferred Qualifications - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 4-6 years of Sales experience
- Minimum Qualifications - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or at least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Highly innovative with an ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.