Sales Executive, Electronic Parts at IHS Markit Digital
*Location is flexible*
The Sales Executive within IHS's Electronic Parts team will execute against sales goals with respect to forecasting and revenue attainment. This generally includes qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, identifying customer pain, delivering executive IHS point of view dialogue, delivering solution presentations to new and existing customers, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, closing business in a timely manner, and fully comprehending the IHS unique value proposition.
Specific Job Duties:
The Sales Executive will own a specific set of named accounts within Electronic Parts and be responsible for the following:
- Accountability for driving revenue growth across IHS's vertical business to meet or exceed expectations, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics to focus on market expansion and penetration.
- Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the execution year and adjusting direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to effectively penetrate the market.
- Providing forecasting within a 95% accuracy rate to create visibility with all market owners on revenue trends and actions to drive revenues to plan
- Understanding the product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies
- Create and manage sales pipeline of new business opportunities within a territory through inbound and outbound sales methods.
- Strong business to business direct sales background and a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Maintain a thorough understanding within the electronic part information field of industry trends, business processes, industry financial measurements, performance indicators and key competitors.
- Working with Product Management to ensure proper positioning of complex solutions.
- Competency in delivering price for value relative to the appropriate product solution.
- 4 year College Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 8+ years of sales experience preferred
- Experience selling electronic component information highly desirable
- Demonstrated success in closing large and complex sales through knowledge, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Skilled in consultative and value selling methodology, with a deep understanding of the client’s needs
- Has developed and implemented strategies for revenue growth that capitalize on the unique nature of specific environments, leveraging partner and other relationships creatively without being tied to a specific approach. Appropriately adapts and leverages products, services and operations to effectively compete in competitive markets
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Competency using a CRM sales tool such as Sales Force to record sales activity
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all colleagues
TRAVEL: 30% - 50% of the time