Sales Engineer at Boom Technologies, Inc
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Responsibilities:
- Executes Boom’s mission to educate customers about all aspects of supersonic travel
- Creates and develops a consultancy within Boom that serves primarily the airline community, specifically targeting fleet and network planning functions
- Trains closely with Boom insiders to get up to speed on the technical, commercial, political, and environmental aspects of Overture and supersonic travel in general
- Develops relevant curriculum by working with Boom’s in house experts on sustainability, aircraft design, economics, and a variety of other topics
- Creates meaningful training materials tailored for each customer and forum
- Designs and organizes specific training engagements for not only potential commercial customers, but for suppliers, regulators, and interested end-users (the flying public)
- Books paid and unpaid engagements with airlines around the world by leveraging internal networks
- In contrast to providing information to external parties, this role is also responsible for gathering information by identifying external subject matter experts (SMEs) willing to engage as short-term independent consultants (thereby reducing Boom’s reliance on long-term, intensive engagements with corporate consulting agencies).
- Manages the P&L associated with the consultancy and any associated business processes
- Develops pertinent business metrics to gauge the effectiveness of the consultancy and reports results to the executive team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, marketing, other degrees may be considered
- 5+ years of airline industry experience
- Must have a basic understanding of aircraft design, airline finance, and airline fleet/network planning
- Must have a wide network in the commercial airline industry
- Must understand airframer to airline business relationship, industry trends, and airline customer needs and preferences
- Must be strategically oriented and creative, especially with respect to the development of the curriculum and presentation mediums
- Must have analytical skills and business acumen
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, must be persuasive
- Must be self-starting, detail-oriented, and an effective planner and project manager
- Must demonstrate outstanding computer skills and proficiency with G suite products and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to travel, potentially up to 70% of the time in the case of on-site engagements with airline customers
- Must have experience with leading teams of cross-functional people and managing complex projects
The Base Salary Range for this position is $112,500 - $140,500 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.