Sales Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
Uplight is hiring for a Sales Solutions Consultant to serve as the technical guide throughout the sales journey. You will be expected to gather and synthesize information from prospects on their technical requirements and questions. Working closely with cross-functional teams at Uplight, you will ensure our RFP/RFI submissions sufficiently and accurately address the technical and system requirements. As the solutions consultant, you will work closely with the buying team to document technical requirements for delivery that set the customer up for long term success deploying Uplight’s solutions.
What you get to do:
- Collaborate with Solutions Directors and the buying teams’ IT, security, and project managers to dive deep into the technical architecture of the proposed solution
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the customer’s Technical Engagement Document to ensure requirements can be met, new solutions built, and integrations are fully understood post-sale
- Facilitate the post-sales to Implementation/Customer Success transition
- Manage the completion of technical components of RFI/RFP submissions
- Provide input to drive demo development
- Ensure demo environments are ready to meet needs for customer meetings and prospective interactions
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What You Bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission
- 5+ years sales engineering experience in large enterprise deployments, ideally SaaS B2B enterprise applications
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Experience working with multiple groups, both internally and externally – buyers, sales, and product management teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential
- An understanding of the utility industry
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $122,000 to $140,000 (dependent upon experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.