Sales Engineer at Granicus LLC
The Granicus sales engineering team is looking to grow a proactive problem solver with solid oral and written communication skills to fill the role of Sales Engineer. Our sales engineering team is dedicated to working hand and hand with our sales and account management teams as a "trusted advisor" to validate that the technical requirements of a proposed solution are met. Additionally, the Sales Engineer will work closely with deployment project managers to schedule project kickoffs, evaluate deployment readiness, and translate the scope of work into project deliverables. Strong personal organization, solid attention to detail and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of change and shifting priorities is a must!
If you have a deep interest in software and its ability to impact global democracy, citizen engagement, and increased government transparency, we are interested in talking to you.
What You'll Do:
· Lead calls with our sales team and prospective clients to validate that their network infrastructure and audio/visual environment will work with our hardware and software solutions. Make recommendations on how best to achieve compatibility.
· Review existing clients' solutions and provide expertise and best practices on how best to upgrade their existing solutions.
· Review proposal SKUs to ensure all solution elements, software, services, and managed services are aligned with both the product scope of work and client expectations.
· Identify client requests that are out of scope from our standard products and consult with clients to find in-scope solutions.
· Work with internal stakeholders and product managers on capabilities for out of scope solutions such as API integrations, data migrations and custom web design projects.
· Work with the Director of Professional Services to assign projects and ensure deployment readiness for a given solution.
· Schedule project kickoffs and communicate project deliverables to internal deployment managers.
· Create a library of documentation that describes our professional services offerings and work with sales and deployment teams to refine and enhance based on customer need.
· Liaise between the deployment team and sales teams – attending meetings and seminars with both teams to stay current with priorities and best practices.
· Convey requirements and technical details using industry standard tools such as charts, flowcharts, project management software, screen sharing, etc.
· Regularly review and update solution validation requirements with operations and sales management.
Who You Are:
· You have 1-3 years of Sales Engineering or Technical Sales experience.
· You have experience working as a sales engineer, technical sales, and technology evangelist in a SaaS based company.
· You have experience identifying and communicating technical requirements for enterprise level software solutions.
· You have a strong understanding of architecture, design, and implementation of technical solutions.
· You have excellent problem-solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues, risks or concerns before they become critical.
· You can work with cross-functional teams both internally as well as customers to provide quick and timely responses.
· You have a sense of integrity with interest in building strong client relationships.
· You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical customers.
· SalesForce.com experience a plus.
· A BS in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred but not required.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location