Sales Development Representative
OpenTable, part of Bookings Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online reservations across more than 45,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to our website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and improve their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 1.4 billion diners via online reservations around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and the United States.Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Sales Development Representative will have responsibility for initiatives that increase sales effectiveness and efficiency. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the restaurant industry, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Sales Development Representatives work collaboratively with the Field Sales team to sign new restaurants to the OpenTable Network.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Generate sales leads.
- Assist with sales prospecting both on the phone and in-person to schedule appointments for Account Executives in your assigned region.
- Respond to lead generation programs as they are developed by the Restaurant Marketing team.
- Create and distribute sales messages to restaurant prospects using targeted email marketing.
- Provide general sales support to your region of the North American sales team.
- Ensure lead handoffs to Account Executives are successful, and exceed customer's satisfaction.
- Accurate reporting of all activity, including use of Salesforce.com and monthly/quarterly preparation of reports.
- Maintain a high level of company knowledge and insight into restaurant industry trends.
- Some travel required for market research and sales initiatives.
Core Value Competencies
Customer First – Furthers trust and confidence with customers; Understands and determines current and future needs; Exceeds expectations; Monitors satisfaction; Looks for opportunities to improve service; Follows through; Solicits and applies feedback; Promotes customer focus; Builds/maintains positive relations
Collaboration and Teamwork - Demonstrates a commitment to team goals thru attitude, contribution & cooperation; willingness to participate in a team; Shares info; Exhibits objectivity & openness to others' views; Takes accountability for own actions; Puts success of team above own interest
Creativity and Innovation - Develops innovative approaches & ideas to achieve goals, tackle problems, improve performance; Receptive to new ideas, methods, technologies; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; Meets challenges w/ resourcefulness; Questions conventional methods.
Continuous Improvement - Pursues training & development; Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills & abilities; Seeks & applies feedback to improve performance; Demonstrates urgency/persistence to accomplish goals; Continually seeks to improve processes/products/services.
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Inside or outside sales experience a plus
- Restaurant industry experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- OpenTable software experience a plus
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution
- PC and various software applications (including Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of the company's products, software pricing practices and negotiating skills
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills
- Shown ability to work across many departments to tackle problems and achieve results
- Analytical skills to make and support business decisions
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills
- Comfortable working in an unstructured and ambitious environment
This is a full time, non-exempt position. It is based in Denver.
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
If you're interested in joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply via our website at www.OpenTable.com/careers.