Sales Development Representative
Who are we?
Thanx helps offline retailers build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers by integrating loyalty, feedback, referrals, and personalized marketing tools.
Thanx is backed by some of the best VCs including Sequoia Capital and Icon Ventures. We recently raised a $17.1M Series B to accelerate the company’s growth. We have, since then, grown the team by 250% and seen significant increases in key business metrics including user count, transactions processed, and MRR.
We are in the early stages of growth but well on our way to significant success. We Embrace Diverse Perspectives. We Focus On What Matters. We Make It Happen. We Say “Thanx” Generously. As corny as it may be, we literally say “Thanx” to each other in company all-hands.
Who are you?
You are someone who is Passionate. Passionate about your role, problems to solve, sales, or anything else. That passion energizes you.
You love to compete and win. You recognize you're part of a whole. You learn from others, teach those around you, and truly care about the people you work with, leading to a better outcome for everyone. We will invest in you to make you the best, we want you to be a great teammate in the process.
You are wildly curious. You are always looking for opportunities to learn and grow. You can adapt to new ideas, process and concepts.
You take action. You find problems and want to solve them even when they aren't your responsibility. Everything is seen as an opportunity for improvement and you don't wait for permission to fix it.
You are very comfortable with technology. The product is not overly complex but we have found it is very helpful to be able to explain how it works when asked – and we use a lot of tech for demos throughout the sales process.
What about the sales team?
We love to learn, and our culture reflects that. We also love to WIN. We are passionate about the markets we serve, the problems that we solve and the products that we sell. We sell knowing that if our clients don’t succeed, we don’t succeed. We sell with integrity, urgency, and passion. We give you the room to be creative, but give you the support to succeed. In exchange, we expect a 100% results-oriented effort!
- Make at least 70 calls a day, that will result in 9-12 well-qualified SQL's monthly.
- Close 100k in business in your first 6-9 months.
- Demonstrate excellence in the SDR role with the ability to be high performing which will get you promoted to an Account Executive or another role within Thanx.
- Use our established lead sourcing tools to find the next great Thanx merchants and get them excited about our product. You will then collaborate with our Account Executives to "win" the deal.
- Source high-potential leads, convert inbound opportunities and connect with customers large and small over the phone and via email.
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives and directly with the CEO and Head of Sales to build your process and pipeline – learn from weekly training sessions but also bring your own creative ideas to help evolve the role of Sales Development at Thanx.
- A passion or interest in sales and helping build a company from the ground floor, this isn’t easy work.
- An understanding of startup environment and willingness to break through walls.
- Worked in a team or competitive environment, had formal sales training, and/or learned informally from a great mentor (we will ask her/him).
- BA/BS (required).
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.