Sales Development Representative at Nylas
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:02 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, December 11, 2021
Excited by the opportunity to build relationships with some of the best up-and-coming founders and coolest new software tools in the tech space? We want to hear from you!
Based on experience, $55,000 - $65,000 OTE (uncapped commission) + equity
Who We Are
We power software that makes the world more productive! Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Scaleup, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell.
To learn more about our inclusive culture, our company values, and our Remote-First philosophy, check out our careers page!
Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably (2021 Best Sales Team Award + more) and Great Place to Work!
The SDR Role is a critical part of the Nylas sales and marketing organization and is the first point of contact for any business expressing interest in the Nylas platform. This role works directly with the sales and marketing teams in their day to day and will be a part of the growing Business Development team.
What You'll Do
- Interact with new prospects via email and phone to understand the business solutions these clients are seeking, answer basic Nylas product questions, identify the time frame and primary decision maker for the purchase, and develop rapport with clients before forwarding the created opportunities to the Sales team.
- Qualifies all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions.
- Learns and demonstrates a fundamental understanding of the product set and clearly articulates value propositions of additional products to existing customers.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Sales Team to facilitate the creation of valid opportunities.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with Nylas core competencies, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of 1 year work experience is desired. Telemarketing, inside sales, customer service, or other relevant experience preferred.
- Exposure to effective sales processes and methodologies is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Has ability to quickly engage others over the phone and create a positive impression of Nylas
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated, resilient and optimistic.
- Driven by metrics with an attention to detail.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
- 2021 Best Teams: Sales (Comparably)
- 2021 Best Company for Career Growth (Comparably)
- 2021 Best Company Leadership (Comparably)
- 2021 Best CEOs for Diversity (Comparably)
- 2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
- 2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
- 2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description