Regional Sales Manager
Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing self-funded companies in the country and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. But it's not for everyone. There are certain qualities and passions you must have to fit into our "Team of 10's":
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to relish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business - it has to be in your bones
If you find the above personal attributes apply to you, continue reading.
We are currently looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager to support our sales efforts across the United States. This is a strategic, prospect-facing role that offers the right candidate the opportunity to join a high growth company that is creating an entirely new category. This individual will report to our outside sales manager. This role calls for someone who is truly 'high velocity' where wearing multiple hats is key to success, and is well-suited for the particularly ambitious person who loves navigating client challenges and is attracted to or experienced in working at a startup. The right candidate has a relentless zeal to contribute, and should have a passion for all things international. There is a constant opportunity for competency development, as the right candidate will learn the business model of Velocity Global and will immerse himself/herself into the unique business models of our clients.
At its core, this position is focused on sales and will be an individual contributor position. This is a high growth company so candidates should relish the pace of a startup environment and embrace the opportunity to solve companies' international growth strategies in a truly revolutionary way.
- Manage overall sales process with new prospective clients, with an emphasis on VELOCITY
- Manage a territory's activity, development, and repeat sales.
- Drive and develop intimate relationships with key management with a foundation of trust and loyalty
- Use quarterly forecasting and pipeline management to manage sales growth
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication and action steps after every sales call
- Identify new accounts and introduce the Velocity Global value proposition to key decision makers
- Initiate and leverage contacts to build new business referrals
- Identify, pursue and develop long-term relationships with prospective customers
- Drive client satisfaction, troubleshooting and retention with sincerity and passion
- Hunt and develop new business by providing customers with consultative support and active communication.
- Research (via the internet and our own Velocity Global internal resources) challenging questions and client scenarios and present solutions to Velocity Global clients
- Quickly develop and maintain competency in the area of international employment
- Assessment of performance against goals, consistently looking to improve
- Coordinate the total package of activities for the account team that may include our local affiliates, Velocity Global team members, and other third-party service providers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- 7-10 years experience in prospect-facing sales roles preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Coachable-listen and hear constructive criticism and take immediate action
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and follow-through skills
- Persistent, disciplined and motivated attitude
- The ability to work independently and self-manage consistently
- Strong consultative customer service and project management style
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Drive, strong work ethic and a passion for creating unparalleled customer experiences
- Interest in international business and contributing at a consistently high level
- Ability to assimilate information quickly. We do business across 185+ countries so there is a lot to learn!
- Not afraid to move quickly. We're named Velocity Global for a reason
- Anticipated estimated travel of 20%
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by State and/or Federal Law.