Regional Sales Manager (Inside Sales Rep & Individual Contributor)
Title: Regional Sales Manager (Inside Sales Role; Own Quota)
Role: Selling VictorOps (now a part of Splunk) to a defined territory in the U.S.
Location: Office in Boulder Colorado (this is not a remote position)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about sales and evangelizing disruptive technology to help businesses collaborate and run more efficiently? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for your at Splunk! In this new role you will be a key member on the Inside Sales Team and you will develop and close sales in order to engage new customers and drive growth within existing customers. You will also build our reputation in the marketplace. We value a work-life balance. In the office, we’re all about meeting our goals and celebrating well when we achieve them. We offer a fun, exciting culture and as one of the members of our growing sales force you get to be a promoter and steward of that culture.
- In this role you will ensure all inbound leads are followed up with and each lead is given the appropriate level of attention to drive their evaluation
- Creativity Encouraged: Use inbound marketing leads AND your own outbound prospecting as your lead pool to build a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Manage sales cycles to assist customers in their purchase decisions including product demonstrations, sales support, and overall standard methodologies
- Collaborate with and learn from VP of Sales on new selling approaches and strategies
- Outreach, engagement and encourage relationship building with existing customers
- Ability to meet goals as set by the sales team each quarter
A Day in the Life of your New Amazing Job:
- Outreach (yes, sometimes that’s a cold call) to potential clients, articulate the value in the VictorOps platform, and rate their interest in our product
- Contact existing customers to build relationships and to inform of new product features or content that may be of value
- Learn from and work with sales, marketing and support to build strategies to communicate with and close new prospects
- Training and mentorship opportunities across the entire organization to give you a broad understanding of the business
- Take advantage of the free snacks, keg, and weekly breakfast
- You have a minimum of 3 years selling a technical product in a SaaS environment and closing your own deals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong self-awareness and social skills to manage difficult situations with understanding and composure
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Able to grasp complex new technology products and services-and how to use them in a competitive marketplace
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the entire organization
- DevOps experience will send your resume to the top of the pile
- A competitive salary, generous benefits, and equity
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- A collaborative, open work environment at our office in the heart of downtown Boulder
- Free snacks, a rooftop patio, and cold brew coffee on tap
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!