Market Development Representative at CircleCI
The Market Development Representative role at CircleCI is a key link between our marketing and sales organizations. With the global rise of interest in DevOps best practices, it’s your job to ensure that CircleCI’s commercial insights impact and assist prospective organizations evaluations of Continuous Integration and Delivery. You will partner closely with Marketing, the Sales Development team, and our Account Executives to foster new revenue opportunities that contribute to the adoption of CircleCI. You will handle inquiries, surface new prospective customers, and foster relationships with multiple contacts within all levels of our target customer segments.
What makes an MDR successful? We are a team of curious, passionate challengers interested in helping businesses improve how they deliver service through software. We’re looking for a high performer with a strong background in marketing and sales, has solid organizational skills, and is an excellent writer and orator. The MDR understands and enjoys technology, research, learning, and ultimately wants to establish a career in customer facing business.What you'll do:
- Manage inbound leads from marketing, ensuring we engage with prospective customers quickly and assist them on their path to CircleCI
- Generate interest and set sales meetings for the Account Executive team and ensure the customer and our teams are setup for success
- Collaborate closely with marketing on lead channel quantity, quality, and processes
- Actively listen to customer needs and handle objections
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of engaged conversations, meetings, and pipeline generation
- Conduct business relevant conversations with software engineering stakeholders to ensure their needs are realized and met
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending regular emails, coordinating strategic discovery meetings)
- Leverage a modern lead generation tool stack, including Salesforce, Linkedin, Outreach.io, and DiscoverOrg
- Participate in regular training & informational sessions
- Detail oriented, organized mindset with an ability to manage time effectively. Must be able to remain focused in the face of many competing interests
- A desire to pursue a career in a customer facing team. You are coachable, able to implement feedback and dedicated to continuous self improvement
- Understanding of SaaS business and an interest in software
- Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to engage business stakeholders through email, phone, and face to face
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in a lead generation role, marketing role, or customer facing role
- SaaS experience a plus, particularly in technical, infrastructure or devops products
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.