Manager of Sales Development
The Manager of Sales Development role at SendGrid is pivotal to the success of the Sales organization. It is an exciting opportunity to grow and lead a team of highly motivated inside lead generation representatives in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate is ambitious, seeks a challenging work environment, and possesses the desire to contribute to the growth of a company that is changing an industry.
What You’ll Do
As a Sales Development Manager in SendGrid’s Denver, CO office, you will be responsible for managing a high-performing lead gen team. We are seeking an energetic, motivated, metrics driven, and detail-oriented leader who is passionate about management and excited to groom SendGrid’s future Account Executives.
The primary function of the Sales Development Manager is to build and scale an efficient and effective inbound and outbound lead generation program. This includes mentorship and personnel management, managing and oversight of all deals through the qualification process, interacting with leads, meeting team goals for pipeline created, and coaching the team.
- Lead a team that is responsible for the management of both inbound and outbound lead qualification of prospective customers
- Onboard, train, and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Train team to identify decision makers and potential sales opportunities within a target company, with the goal of setting qualified appointments for Account Executives, adding to sales pipeline
- Develop and implement training program for Sales Development Representatives to educate them on sales development best practices
- Develop and participate in new product and sales skills training
- Develop SDRs into sales-ready candidates for future Account Executive positions
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular communication of results, and creative incentives
- Partner with Revenue Operations to regularly report on individual & team results, as well as, build and communicate conversion metrics on a daily/weekly/monthly basis through detailed reporting
- Work closely with Marketing on defining campaign processes, follow-up, and reporting
- Work closely with Sales Managers and Reps to ensure lead quality/quantity and proper follow-up
- Work with Revenue Operations to build and communicate conversion metrics and trends to Sales and Marketing on a daily/weekly/monthly basis through detailed reporting
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, productivity
- Collaborate with other Managers to develop call scripts and email templates
- Continue to support a culture of exceeding goals and focusing on client success
- BS/BA required
- 2 years experience in a business development or sales roles and a minimum of 6+ months of management experience required
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Must be data-driven and results-oriented with an eye for detail
- Knowledge and working understanding of the latest Sales Development tools, techniques, and methodologies, including a deep understanding of Salesforce.com
- Experience in B2B software or high-tech industry ideal
- Knowledge of the lead generation funnel required
- Must be comfortable managing a team and developing clear goals and strategies for motivation to achieve performance goals
- Online / SaaS / Cloud industry knowledge
- Passion for technology and selling technology
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency
- An ability to learn quickly and adapt even faster
- Strengths in customer service, problem solving, and time management
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 40 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.