Manager, Mid-Market, New Business
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the role
At GutCheck, our purpose is to make a hero out of every client contact we support. The Manager of Mid-Market Sales, New Business will lead a team of talented sales professionals and play a pivotal role as GutCheck continues its acceleration into currently established markets & verticals. The Manager of Mid-Market Sales, New Business is responsible for achieving new business sales goals and key company objectives through the strategic direction of new business acquisition team. The position will report into GutCheck’s Director of New Business Sales.
What you’ll do
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Lead a team of mid-market new business development professionals (Inside/Outside Sales)
- Execute and iterate against strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the company’s customer base in our mid-market segment and within our top verticals
- Work cross-functionally with Client Services, Research, Product and the Account Management teams to successfully on-board new customers and put them on a path for a long-term relationship
- Use data and metric analysis to evaluate business in our mid-market segment to drive growth, retention and repeat business
- Use clear, collaborative communication to establish goals, expectations & results
- Performance management including weekly 1:1’s, pipeline reviews, coaching and shadowing both on inside and outside calls
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, coach and develop
- Work closely with the Director of New Business, EVP of Sales and Client Services on developing go to market strategies and performance improvement recommendations for our mid-market segment
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Results Oriented - Experience in leading/managing sales teams and exceeding new business sales goals.
- Lead From the Front - Experience partnering closely with individual sales reps to help with deal management and to ensure quota attainment.
- Strong Business Acumen - Knowledge of sales performance analytics and interpreting results.
- Excellent communicator - Strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer Focused - Build and maintain strong, employee and prospect relationships.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Typically, 5 plus years overall sales experience including:
- 3 plus years track-record of successful individual contributor experience in new business development
- 3 plus years track-record of successful management experience in new business development
- Ability to travel estimated 30%
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.