Head of Strategic Alliances and Channel Partnerships
Guild is hiring for a Head of Strategic Alliances & Channel Partnerships to accelerate acquisition of new employer partners. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing partner strategies to grow company leads and revenue through strategic partnerships.
In particular, we’re looking for a leader who can balance short and long term strategies, break into untapped channels and position Guild Education as a leading provider of education benefits. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to set the direction that will allow us to increase our deal velocity and multiply the impact our solutions have on our clients employees.
As the Head of Channel Partnerships you will:
- Identify a list of partners as part of an overall strategy, with potential short and long term impact
- Design the framework for a repeatable partnerships model that will maximize opportunities for new employer partnerships
- Source, pitch and close channel partners
- Facilitate internal resourcing needed to support partnerships
- Build relationships at the executive level in channel organizations, developing internal and external marketing and operational strategies for success
- Over time, build out a team to support these partnerships
- Partner cross-functionally with B2B marketing, Marketplace Operations, Advisory Services, Product and Engineering to simplify and scale our offering so that is can be easily customized
- Build out sales enablement efforts to allow us to quickly ramp and continuously educate our growing team
- Be accountable for revenue directly driven and influenced by channels
In this role, you’ll work closely with Karina Salenieks, Greg Siegel, and other members of the Partnerships team. You regularly will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Randi Cosentino (Chief Academic Officer) and Zoe Weintraub (VP, Business Development), and Mae Podesta (VP Marketplace Operations).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in Sales, Partnerships or Business Development roles
- Experience sourcing, negotiating and managing channel partners directly
- Examples of channel strategies you have developed and successfully rolled out
- Excellent written and oral presentation, and strong story-telling skills with the ability to synthesize and react to a complex set of client asks
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations, where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- Experience working in start-up environments and building plans from the ground up
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.