Director, Software Development at Evolve Vacation Rental
As Director, Software Development for Evolve Vacation Rental, you’ll oversee a team of experienced Architects, Developers and related resources who are working to solve complex challenges in the Vacation Rental industry. You’ll lead and support the team in their ongoing work improving our hospitality platform spanning Salesforce, Heroku, AWS. You’ll also help the team develop their careers and foster continuous learning and improvement.
This role requires the ability to balance between people management, leadership, and technical responsibilities. You’ll collaborate with the product team as well as offshore or nearshore development teams to deliver best in class software solutions.
Success in this role will require tremendous technical depth and managerial chops to support our broad customer base, rapid growth rate, and the scale at which we’re currently operating.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a talented technical team
- Provide input for strategic direction and manage tactical execution
- Build and maintain software solutions which will meet and exceed operating targets of reliability, scalability, security, maintainability and performance
- Work with Product Management to deliver the product roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with your team, management and partners
- Champion continuous improvement and simplification of technology and underpinning stacks
- Continuously improve SDLC processes including comprehensive code reviews, QA automation, unit testing, etc.
- Contribute to the engineering standards, guidelines and best practices
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- Provide support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Promote a culture that enables engineers to execute quickly and with quality
- 5+ years of software development experience on high-growth teams
- 3+ years of team leadership and management experience
- Experience managing local, remote, near/offshore, and third-party teams
- Experience creating and improving procedures across the organization to ensure productivity, timeliness and quality
- Familiarity with common languages such as Java, Node.js, React, Python, Apex
- Ability to find answers to questions you may not know
- Willingness to familiarize yourself with new technologies
- Knowledge of the whole stack to give great architecture and implementation guidance to the teams who will count on your experience.
- You appreciate that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success
- Ability to arbitrate technical decisions and make challenging calls when required
A little about us
Evolve makes vacation rental easy for everyone. Our fresh approach to vacation rental management offers homeowners a better way to generate rental income and provides travelers with the industry's best booking experience.
Thanks to a strong work ethic and an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 500 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Values mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page. They drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company. Which value sounds the most like you?
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.