Director of Inside Sales
PaySimple is looking for an experienced and passionate sales leader to lead our inside sales team. In this position, you’ll report to the VP of Sales and be responsible for leading the team to achieve our acquisition goals in a highly-energetic sales environment. This role requires excellent sales acumen, team leadership skills, inside sales call center management experience and the ability to collaborate with peers across the organization. You will manage a dynamic, growing sales team that will continue to scale as we expand our lead volume through online marketing, targeting, referral and cross-sell channels.
Your main objective will be to provide inspiration, coaching and strategic leadership to take the sales team’s performance to the next level while managing to change in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
You are a hands-on sales leader, passionate about the growth of your team, the success of the company and the success of our customers. You are strategic and tactical—you know what your team needs this week and you set the path for what the team needs two years from now. You’ve led a dynamic, high-velocity, high-performing acquisition sales team before, you are good at it, and you can tell us why. You love coaching, holding yourself and your team accountable to big goals, and you have a proven track record of exceeding sales numbers. You love to analyze data, work in a team and make decisions so your team can focus on selling to the highest priority prospects.
PaySimple is the leading provider of payment management solutions for SMBs. Its SaaS platform provides payment acceptance, billing automation, client management, ecommerce, mobile, and point-of-sale solutions tailored to the needs of service-based businesses. The sales team takes pride in being our customer’s first touch point, creating a great experience through a value-based, consultative sale. Our team is made up of a combination of roles across multiple channels to create the best experience for our team and the customers while driving results for the company. We are building an extraordinary team and company and looking for talented, energetic, and motivated people to join our team.
PaySimple headquarters is located in the heart of LoDo. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with high-energy, talented people who enjoy their work and each other's company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Hands-on management of the inside sales team day-to-day to achieve acquisition goals.
- Develop and coach the inside sales team and managers, improving their sales and management skills and conversion through all aspects of the sales funnel.
- Create & implement inbound and outbound sales strategy best practices and continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Communicate and educate the team through daily huddles, weekly trainings and monthly recap sessions designed to ensure cohesion amongst the team.
- Create and execute contests and morale initiatives to improve team performance to meet and exceed acquisition goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Success, Care and other teams to achieve company acquisition goals.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reporting metrics to evaluate progress and identify challenges to drive decision making and performance coaching at a team and individual level.
- Anticipate and react quickly to trends and changes in team and individual performance.
- Develop and manage sales department budgets, compensation and expenses.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in sales leadership in a high-velocity inbound sales call center environment.
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding both individual and team sales goals.
- Experience hiring and scaling a sales organization effectively including managing managers.
- Proven ability to manage and lead a dynamic and diverse sales team with a focus on continually driving improved performance through hands-on, day-to-day management.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves as this is a hands-on position, as well as a strategic one.
- Have the desire to create and try new strategies driving ideas from concept to execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work inter-departmentally.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is required.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401k
- Public Transportation reimbursement
- Gym stipend
- Start with 17 days of PTO and your birthday off
- Snacks, lunches, and happy hours
- Continued investment in your professional development
PaySimple is the leading provider of payment management solutions for SMBs. Its SaaS platform provides payment acceptance, billing automation, client management, ecommerce, mobile, and point-of-sale solutions tailored to the needs of service-based businesses. We are building an extraordinary company and looking for talented, energetic, and motivated people to join our unique environment.