Director of Account Management at Backbone
Backbone is simplifying product creation. We’re a next generation PLM solution built for the direct to consumer economy. It’s our mission to help innovative brands design, annotate, iterate, and push to production faster than ever before. We have a fun and fast growing team based out of Boulder, CO, and are looking for energetic and experienced team members to help us grow.
Backbone is seeking an experienced Director of Account Management to create our strategy and grow our team. An ideal candidate would act as a Player / Coach, developing our initial Account Management strategy, directly owning our customers for an initial period and then, over time, ramping a team to scale execution of this strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Work with VP of Customer Success and COO to determine renewal/expansion strategy, quotas and forecasts - and then execute on those.
- Create scalable customer management processes that support an SMB / Mid Market customer base
- Partner with Customer Success to identify and track key customer health metrics
- Build the right processes and tools to identify, grow, and develop existing customers.
- Help customers resolve issues and report bugs
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success teams to deliver an optimal customer experience
- Build strong relationships with customers and be a trusted advisor throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Be an advocate for customers. Actively listen to understand their goals and identify opportunities for product or service enhancement.
- Deliver world-class customer service in every interaction
- 5+ years of SaaS sales and customer experience
- 2+ years in management / people leadership role
- Not required, but extra points for experience in consumer product design and creation (ideally fashion and apparel)
- Top tier presentation and product demo skills (both in person and via video)
- Relationship focused. A team member who believes in the long-term value of building trust with customers.
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com and other tools (like ChurnZero)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to gather and use data to make business decisions
- Must be local to Boulder