Director, Academic Partnerships
Guild is hiring for a Director, Academic Partnerships to be a key leader in a business-critical team that manages one or more University Partners (UPs).
We are looking for a leader who is able to effectively manage one or more UPs, strategically guiding the relationship and driving towards student enrollment and outcomes. It’s an opportunity to create, innovate, and test new ideas to strengthen our partnerships and ensure we scale efficiently and quickly together.
As a Director, Academic Partnerships, you will:
- Growth - Drive growth in your partnership(s), working with our Enrollment and Student Success teams, and guide improvements to student enrollment growth and student outcomes
- Partner Management - Address partnership issues that arise and renegotiate contracts while cultivating personal relationships with University Provosts, CFOs, COOs, and Operational VPs
- Planning - Develop short and long term strategic and operational plans for your UPs that include operational, strategic, contract, process, and other related priorities
- Analysis - leverage data and analysis to drive improvement and identify key insights, trends and recommendations for your portfolio of UPs
- Cross-Functional Operations - Support implementation of and manage on-going cross-functional operations for UPs on:
- Admissions policies and processes to improve enrollment and yield;
- Student services and coaching to improve student retention and completion outcomes;
- Financial/billing systems and processes; and
- Technical systems, data sharing and integrations.
- New program launches - Identify and launch new programs in consultation with Guild’s Client Services teams and your UPs
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Academic Partnerships team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including Randi Cosentino (Chief Academic Officer), Chandler Koglmeier (VP of Product and GM), Terrence Cummings (VP, Client Success), Amanda Lubin (VP and GM, Academic Partnerships), and Greg Siegel (Senior VP, Go-to-Market).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of expertise managing clients and/or partnerships, with particular emphasis on managing clients in a consulting capacity or at a high growth company
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure, and evolve processes
- Servant leadership to a high performing team of university partnership professionals
- An understanding of diverse project management principles, processes, methodologies and tools paired with an ability to critically evaluate and implement the right options for each project
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy internally and externally
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.