Channel Partner Manager
As Channel Partner Manager, you’ll focus on making CircleCI the most popular platform with partners that help their customers achieve continuous software delivery success. You’ll accomplish this through partnerships with the industry’s best DevSecOps service providers, systems integrators, and platforms, enabling them to successfully grow their businesses by leveraging the CircleCI platform. In this role, you will identify and recruit channel partners, grow CircleCI revenue via these partners, and help to develop and enhance our relationships with these partners. The Channel Partner Manager will report directly to the Head of Business Development.
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and driving strategic programs to help grow the CircleCI ecosystem globally. The team works to build long-term relationships with technology companies, open-source developers, and service providers that drive mutual value and increase the value of CircleCI for new and existing customers. Working closely with all CircleCI functional areas (engineering, product management, marketing, sales, customer success, finance) and key internal and external stakeholders, the team defines a go-to-market approach, creates deep and lasting partnerships, and develops processes to systematize and rapidly expand those efforts.What you'll do:
In this role, you’ll work with the most exciting cloud and tech companies in the DevOps ecosystem, as well as CircleCI’s internal teams, in the following capacity:
- Achieve quarterly revenue quota originated through channel partners
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships and recruit new partners
- Develop, service, and grow relationships with channel partners
- Negotiate and enforce legally-binding partner agreements
- Continually enable and train channel partners on CircleCI offerings
- Work with Marketing and Sales to drive awareness and adoption of channel partners and their capabilities that improve outcomes for our customers, partners and CircleCI
- Manage the onboarding of new partners to the Channel Partner Program
- Contribute to the strategy, enhancement, and day-to-day execution of the CircleCI Channel Partner Program
- Develop meaningful relationships across all functions at our Channel Partners, including executives, product, engineering, sales and marketing
- Represent the Voice of the Partner within CircleCI, orchestrating partner engagement across all internal functions
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to drive features based on channel partner feedback
- Drive agenda for business and technical reviews with channel partners
- Work directly with the Head of Business Development on strategic company initiatives expanding CircleCI’s role in the ecosystem
- Travel 10-25% of time
To succeed in this role, you’ll be someone who is highly motivated and able to work independently, with demonstrated expertise as follows:
- Experience meeting sales quota through channel partners, preferably in the DevSecOps ecosystem
- Experience in designing and facilitating marketing and promotional activities with partners
- Have championed and managed new projects cross-functionally that resulted in achieving new business opportunities with partners
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow-through with partners
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging DevOps trends and their impact on customer opportunities
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end technology use cases relevant to developers and operations professionals, with particular emphasis on build, test, deploy for modern infrastructures
- Proven track record of building relationships with both non-technical and technical leadership
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small business and technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, and organizational skills
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.