Business Development Manager at ONYX Insight (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Want to be a part of a team and work on challenges that will blow you away?
As a trusted global partner to many world-recognized energy companies and part of the bp family since 2017, ONYX Insight is an award-winning global renewable technology business. Our vision is to build a more efficient future by becoming the world’s most innovative provider of predictive technology solutions and our teams provide support for over 10,000+ wind turbines in 30 different countries across the globe.
We see clean energy as the future, and our team of clever minds are working on opportunities that will blow you away - helping to ensure that global wind farms are far more productive than they have ever been, creating a cleaner, cheaper, sustainable future for customers everywhere. Collectively – we’re accelerating the wind industry on the path to net zero and there really is no better time to join us.
Due to strong growth in our US market, we are now seeking an experienced sales professional to lead the positioning of our commercial offer to existing and new customers. You will manage the full sales cycle from prospect and pipeline management through to proposal, close and implementation. Experience selling technical solutions in a business-to-business context is a prerequisite for this role.
As a Business Development Manager at ONYX Insight your day-to-day might include..
- Traveling to customers and pitching in real-life ONYX products and services - building on your opportunity pipeline and closing opportunities.
- Working closely with our operations/customer success teams to identify new opportunities or onboard new clients successfully.
- Acting as an ambassador of ONYX Insight by delivering online webinars or representing at trade shows, conferences or technical symposiums.
- Be accountable for the overarching sales target achievement and development/growth of key accounts.
- Maintain high-quality customer pipeline data in the CRM (Salesforce).
- Champion our customer voice in all the internal sales cycle support and strategic planning processes.
And you’ll need...
- A background in renewable energy; wind preferable.
- Experience in marketing and selling B2B technical solutions.
- Strong contract/commercial and relationship management skills.
- The credibility to operate at a senior level within customer and partner organizations.
- A strong technical background and/or a first degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- The ability to scope, price and communicate high-quality technical proposals.
- Engaging personality with the ability to push for and close a deal.
- Leadership potential and ambition - personal drive and commitment to achieve growth and success.
But we realize it’s not just about the day-to-day and we have worked hard to ensure we offer a variety of competitive benefits as well as a flexible working environment. From sales commission plans, employer pension contributions, medical insurance, annual bonus and opportunities for volunteering, and an office environment that hopefully inspires you every day.
If you want to work on challenges that will blow you away then please reach out to us for an impartial conversation about a future career here at ONYX Insight or apply on our careers website.
We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in the STEM sector.
You must have the right to work in the USA; we cannot respond to applicants who do not have this right.