Granicus is hiring a Small-Medium Government Account Manager to join our team! We are looking for a professional, customer-centric sales person with a technology sales background in local government to grow our business and number of customers. Candidates must have previous experience successfully prospecting over a large geographical region. This is an individual contributor sales position that requires a high degree of autonomy, activity, and attention to detail.
What You'll Do:
The Account Manager is responsible for activities necessary to create and close new business opportunities, including:
- Managing the relationship of current Granicus customers
- Developing and executing a new business/prospecting plan for their territory
- Targeting, calling, and engaging prospects and working with them through the sales cycle
- Building and maintaining a healthy pipeline across the territory
- Qualifying client needs and aligning the value of your solution
- Collaborating with the extended sales team on opportunities
- Logging all sales activities and client contacts in Salesforce
- Focus on Granicus Host Compliance services
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of consultative sales experience and success as an individual sales contributor
- You demonstrate success prospecting and finding/closing opportunities via phone and in person
- You are experienced using some form of customer relationship management software to track leads, activities and opportunities (SFDC preferred)
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment, working under tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- You are passionate about working with clients to help address their challenges
- You execute a sales process in a solution sales methodology. This will require relationship building and great oral and written communication skills
- You can conduct product demonstrations and conduct presentations
- You are experienced and comfortable with technology
- You are experienced selling in a committee-driven environment, with multiple, cross-functional decision makers
- You can travel up to 40% of the time
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.