Account Executive – Colorado Springs Territory at FoodMaven
FoodMaven is an innovative online marketplace and rapid logistics company bringing agility and flexibility to the U.S. food system. The company’s goal is to capture and reclaim revenues from lost food, estimated at $200 billion per year. FoodMaven sells high-quality local and oversupplied food from distributors, manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional buyers. With an efficient Internet marketplace, big data optimization technology, and agile logistics model, FoodMaven is good for profits, good for people and good for the planet.
FoodMaven is seeking to hire a dynamic, people-oriented, entrepreneurially spirited Account Executive who is interested in getting in on the ground level of an exciting startup with a big mission. The Account Executive will act as the face of FoodMaven by developing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts through personal visits and follow-up on a systematic basis. S/he is responsible for achieving annual sales goals through growth and penetration of accounts. The Account Executive will be highly skilled at communication, inspiring others, team collaboration, and customer relations. Above all, the Account Executive will be passionate about learning and stewarding the success of the organization.
This role is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory or market segment.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Conduct outbound cold calling against targeted accounts, prospect lists, and other call campaigns as needed to fill sales pipeline.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding monthly lead development and revenue goals.
- Perform thorough needs assessment and identify customer pain points to determine how FoodMaven’s solutions address those needs.
- Be informed of market conditions, current inventory, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Follow up promptly and diligently on leads and inquiries.
- Build and increase industry knowledge and acumen to position FoodMaven’s value proposition to multiple vertical segments.
- Actively participate in trade show and prospecting events.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities in the FoodMaven CRM system.
- Promote database cleanup and hygiene through regular and ongoing maintenance activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 2-5 years of sales experience.
- 1+ years restaurant foodservice sales experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal, written and active listening).
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Drive, conscientiousness and perseverance to conduct outbound contacts daily.
- A dynamic “hunter” personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential.
- Team oriented with ability to succeed in entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience using Sales CRM tools.
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- 1+ years of commercial kitchen experience
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree, preferably in Business Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts.
- Supplemental relevant education such as sales training programs.