Revenue Growth: Instructional Design and Facilitation Specialist
Who is Xero?
Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for designing, developing and facilitating training content that helps sales best consult and partner with Xero customers to grow their business and ours. Part performance optimization and part instructional design, it involves independent project management to develop and create curriculum to reinforce Xero's sales process, consultative skills, new products and services to transform the world of accounting.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain training programs for Xero sellers and resellers in a variety of delivery options including: e-learning, self-directed, video, workshops and seminars
- Assist with assessment of training needs of various types of employees
- Write learning objectives and training content; including knowledge checks and scripts
- Map out training plans and schedules, designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for sales, sales ops, resellers and others
- Coordinate onboarding training schedules for new sales employees
- Seek learner feedback and research to create content and storylines for new courses
- Work closely with internal and external subject matter experts to design develop and deliver courses that support overall department and business goals and objectives
- Maintain quality and brand alignment of training content created within Xero guidelines
- Adapt courses created in other regions
- Attend regular product updates to understand new features & functionality and update XEST (Xero Educational Sales Training) courses and Knowledge Base as needed
- Review feedback from surveys and other sources to continuously improve curriculum
- Deliver training in person training and webinars with an energetic, interactive engaging positive style
What you'll bring with you
- Performance Improvemet
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery
- Change Management
- Business Skills
- Global Mindset
- Technology Literacy
- 5 - 10 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Instructional design and training delivery experience in a consultative sales business environment
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative, project management and planning skills
- Passion and desire to make a difference and contribute as a member of a dynamic team
- Positive, friendly 'can do' attitude
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- Computer literacy and software knowledge, including Google Apps, MS PowerPoint, plus others such as Keynote, Articulate and Evolve
- Experience in the accounting industry and or SaaS a plus
- CPLP Instructional Design a plus
It's time to introduce yourself:
Now that we've caught your attention, it's time to catch ours. Please send us your resume if you:
Are passionate about selling into the emerging online accounting market and creating a #beautiful accounting experience to current and future Accounting Partners.
Show your passion for the #human side of sales through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs of your customers and how Xero can best improve their business.
Seek the #challenge of complex problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced/high growth work environment.
#Champion sales thinking by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable quality from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and deliver results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.