Quality Engineer I
Quality Engineer I
The core purpose of this role is to provide support to North American customers through the Integrated Supply Chain organization, working to resolve key issues through a process-focused holistic corrective and preventive action approach. The Quality Engineer (QE) role is very dynamic and cross-functional while requiring knowledge, skills and abilities that span multiple disciplines such as engineering, customer support, project management, quality management, auditing, downstream partner management, and relationship management. The individual will also organize, lead, and orchestrate cross-functional process improvement initiatives to improve process performance and end to end order quality, enabling customer experience.
- Implement and sustain Arrow’s quality initiatives, program elements, and optimal compliance levels as designed by Enterprise Quality to conform with industry and accredited standards.
- Manage the quality assurance department activities within the site. Maintain and continually improve the quality system, using data to define opportunities for improvement. Drive process improvements. Conduct internal audits. Maintain ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, R2, and e-Stewards certifications. Serve as Management Representative during certification audits.
- Drive compliance to Perfect Order metrics, monitoring operational performance. Interface with Operations and Client Experience regarding trended quality issues and facilitate prompt resolution.
- Mentor applicable workers on Quality- related areas, such as 8D Problem Solving, Lean, Statistical Process Control, effective Change Management practices, etc.
- Monitor and audit operational activity to improve the quality system.
- Works cross-functionally to identify and resolve quality issues found with Operations by facilitating corrective action management and monitoring verification of effectiveness activities performed.
- Lead, plan, perform and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Stakeholder management – lead stakeholder management sessions and keep various management abreast of potential issues by maintaining open lines of communication
- Facilitate the escalation of Field Quality Report (FQR), customer complaints system.
- 10% Travel
This role is both high impact and high output with high visibility that requires a calm-assertive demeanor and capability to manage multiple ever-changing priorities.
Within this role, the following competencies are regularly required for success: accountability, trust, integrity, dedication to excellence, and a commitment to people, teamwork & customer experience.
Must be able to:
- Select, apply and interpret basic quality tools (Corrective Actions, Internal Audit, Product Inspection, PDCA (plan-do-check-act), 8D Methodology, etc.)
- Select and interpret project management tools (Process flow mapping, FMEA (failure, mode, effect, analysis), CPM (critical path method), Event Chain Management, PRINCE2, PRiSM, etc.)
- Understand the underlying principles and terminology associated with lean processes (minimizing steps/touches, maintaining/improving quality, reducing cost, etc.)
- Understand how benchmarking supports best practices
- Understand the need for documentation control, its basic terms and hierarchy
- Identify the basic types of training tools and methods used to verify its effectiveness
Experience / Education:
- 4-year degree and 2–4 years of related experience preferred
- 4-5 years’ experience investigating customer issues
- Strong track record of cultivating external and internal relationships through engaging with internal customers and working cross-functionally to resolve quality issues
- 5-6 years relative work experience highly preferred in one or a combination of the below fields:
- Quality Management & Risk Management programs/systems;
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, R2, e-Stewards preferred
- Green and/or Black Belt project experience in former roles, or Certified to Green/Black Belt Six Sigma principals
- PMP Certified
Windsor (Value Recovery)
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing