The Technical Product Manager, Demand Insights, partners with a broad array of internal and external stakeholders and contributors to ensure the delivery of successful products within the portfolio. This role includes gathering requirements, prioritizing work, and collaborating with on-shore and off-shore development team members to meet delivery timeframes and other success metrics.
In supporting the Demand Insights portfolio, the Technical Product Manager will help drive GHX solutions that monetize data assets by providing insights and analysis to stakeholders in the medical device industry.
- Lead the day-to-day execution on the Demand Insights product portfolio roadmap within GHX, working with development, solution delivery, support, and other cross-functional teams to achieve success for portfolio products
- Collaborate with the broader product management team for the portfolio to establish a vision and roadmap for the portfolio, taking the lead in breaking down the roadmap into epics, user stories, and releases
- Act as subject matter expert for portfolio products, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, communicate knowledge, and resolve issues
- Particular areas of focus include:
- Guiding rapid innovation of the suite of GHX intelligence products in light of acquisitions, an evolving mix of data assets, and the shifting needs of the marketplace
- Reimagining the back-end operational flows and systems that underpin the product, while also executing on strategies for incorporating new data assets into the products
- Working with data scientists to foster a higher level of insights in the portfolio, including in the areas of predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Identifying and executing on product enhancements ranging from data delivery methods to analytics tools that provide greater value to customers
- Support the establishment of the product vision and roadmap for the portfolio
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to define personas and document requirements
- Collaborate with development and other domain and cross-functional teams to translate the roadmap and requirements into releases with defined scope and levels of effort
- Manage the product backlog, grooming stories and establishing priorities
- Liaison with market, sales, and customer success teams to set expectations regarding product capabilities and delivery timelines
- Manage releases to ensure successful product introduction, coordinating milestones across teams
- Work with development, support, and customer operations to monitor product performance and proactively identify opportunities for product improvements
- Identify risks, issues, and problems, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles
- Able and willing to travel approximately 20% of time
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong team player
- Experience working within an Agile methodology and demonstrated ability to effectively operate within an Agile team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a blend of on-shore and off-shore development teams
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with others and resolve conflicts that may arise between different viewpoints
- Ability to assess risks and dependencies and to identify mitigation strategies and set priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in leading meetings, setting agendas, driving decisions, and negotiating
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline/experience, or a combination of education and related work experience
- 3+ years in a Technical Product Management/Product Owner role within an Agile environment
- Experience with data, data manipulation, SQL or related, and Excel
- Experience working with Looker, Tableau, or other similar reporting and data visualization software
- Understanding of cloud technology including AWS, Redshift, S3, etc.
- Experience with data services products
- Advanced degree in a technology-related field
- Advanced experience in creating data visualizations
- Experience with commercial-facing APIs
- Experience with or serving medical device or supplies manufacturers
- Experience with or serving the investment community (analysts, hedge funds, etc.)
- Familiarity with data science methodologies
- Certifications in relevant product management and Agile development methodologies
- Prior success in building applications that deliver data and insights around that data
- Prior success in building solutions that rely on synthesizing multiple disparate data sources
- Deep experience in analytics, data science, data visualization, etc.—with an emphasis on documenting business requirements and success criteria for projects in those areas
- Experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of one or more of the personas served by the portfolio
Estimated salary range for this position: $80,000 - $111,300
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.