Staff Product Manager at CircleCI
As a Staff Product Manager, you will define and ship successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users faster. You will provide expertise and technical guidance for the Product Management organization, deeply understanding our business drivers and key success metrics while regularly identifying, advocating for, and piloting process improvements for the Product organization.About Product Management at CircleCI
The team is responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and execution. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.What you’ll do:
- Develop, articulate and promote the strategy for some of our critical initiatives, and effectively present and influence key team members on the merits of the strategy.
- Define MVP, prioritize features, build agreement and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship top quality experiences to users for a core part of the CircleCI user journey
- Build and maintain a roadmap to delight our users while growing the business
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis and community feedback into product requirements to ensure the product satisfies user needs as well as wants while informing product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure while ensuring the team has clear objectives, and constantly track performance
- Coordinate with other product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure a cohesive overall user experience.
- Identify, recommend and advocate for opportunities to improve the product management process across the organization.
- Serve as a mentor to other team members, and contribute to the development of the Product Management organization as a whole.
- 10+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS or related space
- Proven track record to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience working with a variety of product management strategies and techniques, with a clear understanding of the pros and cons of each and how and when to apply them effectively
- Demonstrated ability in breaking down complex problems, developing strategies and plans to tackle them, and effectively collaborating with teams to deliver solutions
- Experience mentoring other product managers
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical abilities
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested and released to customers
- Experience working for a software and/or SaaS company a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts a plus
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $172,000 - $202,500/yr, plus applicable bonuses