Sr. Product Manager, Alteryx Machine Learning at Alteryx (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
A Senior Product Manager in the Alteryx team is directly responsible for defining vision and building roadmaps around a specific product area within the Alteryx portfolio. This person will work directly with customers as well as internal stakeholders from organizations such as sales, marketing, development and other members of the Product Management team to follow through on execution and delivery of their respective product area.
The Senior Product Manager role also has additional lead responsibilities for various aspects of the product roadmap, feature delivery, and customer engagement opportunities. You will help drive the product strategy and execution for our next generation, web-based Machine Learning initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of data science and machine learning and will understand how to use this understanding to create end user enterprise software. Historical proficiency in running technical data driven products, and a creative, disruptive mindset for innovation are also keys to success in this role.
- Leverages exemplary domain expertise to effortlessly ramp up on new technologies
- Understands all aspects of the product area and has an understanding of other product areas and how they relate to overall portfolio goals
- Works closely with PM leadership and corporate executive team on how product area strategy impacts entire portfolio/platform and company strategy
- Understands and advocates for product area feature teams' mission
- Identifies ways for team to improve best practices and helps put changes into practice
- Drives issues forward with little guidance
- Considers long term vision by developing solutions that anticipate and enable Alteryx to address current and future needs
- Analyzes marketplace, customers, prospects, non-customers and competitors to determine the right features to bring to market and overall feature prioritization
- Works closely with stakeholders inside and outside of the company, including prospects, customers, development teams, marketing, sales and products to develop the roadmap and strategy around the product area
- Manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting and maintaining reasonable timelines
- Is responsible for decisions and deliverables that may impact multiple major features and technical teams
- Works with in-house feature teams or more complex team structures including partners and outsourced development
- Manages and/or influence features and initiatives across multiple development teams ensuring buy-in, timeliness, and success
- Manages feature and function requirements and design documents, collaborating with development teams, design teams, and other members of the product and marketing organization to deliver feature specifications, Jira tracking items, and Go to Market Plans
- Monitors and manages successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; works to identify risks and remove impediments; discovers opportunities for improvement and keeps senior management and others informed
- Mentors Associate Product Managers and Product Managers
- Models best practices in their work, including decisions and efforts that reduce technical debt
- Communicates directly with customers for feedback, discovery sessions, troubleshooting, and assistance
- Educates customers and internal support teams on product features through various channels including direct communication, webinars and live events and sessions
- Actively contributes to sales positioning, blog posts, product evangelism and go-to-market plans and execution for assigned product area
- Works with other Product Managers to share successes and drive the overall effectiveness of processes used by the PM department
- Presents Alteryx product roadmap to customers and prospects
- Communicates internally and externally with others in an open, honest and respectful way. Leads by example
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Boston is $122,100 - $207,600. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.